Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerky acceleration

Hello

I'm new to the forum, have been looking online for some help with a problem I'm having with my 68 reg insignia

Basically the acceleration is jerky, not all the time but in certain circumstances. For example when the engine is cold, but mainly noticeable when I am holding revs for a while before accelerating.

The jerking isn't massive, but very annoying.

I recently had it to my dealer as the stop/start had ceased working, and I thought that this may be related, however stop/start is now working ok but still jerky acceleration. I did mention the jerky acceleration but they didn't say anything when I picked it up so assumed it was all sorted.

When I'm stationary and rev the engine, it all feels smooth.

Any ideas before I take it back in? I had to leave it 3 days for the stop/start so am reluctant to take it back before I have an idea what's going on. TBH I don't rate the dealer based on conversations I have had and experience so far

Cheers

Hello

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Hello
      Alright Matt
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by FANTANA View Post
        Hello

I'm new to the forum, have been looking online for some help with a problem I'm having with my 68 reg insignia

Basically the acceleration is jerky, not all the time but in certain circumstances. For example when the engine is cold, but mainly noticeable when I am holding revs for a while before accelerating.

The jerking isn't massive, but very annoying.

I recently had it to my dealer as the stop/start had ceased working, and I thought that this may be related, however stop/start is now working ok but still jerky acceleration. I did mention the jerky acceleration but they didn't say anything when I picked it up so assumed it was all sorted.

When I'm stationary and rev the engine, it all feels smooth.

Any ideas before I take it back in? I had to leave it 3 days for the stop/start so am reluctant to take it back before I have an idea what's going on. TBH I don't rate the dealer based on conversations I have had and experience so far

Cheers
        similar to chugging???

Comment

Hello MR Fantana,and I'm pleased you introduced yourself properly.......(...TIC )what sort of revs are you holding the car at ?
          RPM ?
          It could be the turbo coming on and off boost slightly.
          The thing is , is that what ever we suggest, the dealer may well suggest different because you are at there mercy once you hand over the keys .so it becomes a battle of who's right and who's wrong .
          How long have you had the car ?
          Tally HO !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Revs smoothly in neutral, only hesitates when actually driving.

Comment

Is he's just revving it when stationary and not holding the revs as in a driving situation, ?
              That we don't know.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Is he's just revving it when stationary and not holding the revs as in a driving situation, ?
                That we don't know.
                Hello everyone, sorry if I've not introduced myself properly or explained myself very well! Not sure what the protocol is? Bit of a forum virgin I'm afraid

Firstly, sort of a chugging I suppose. Feels to me like a dip in fuel getting to the engine, if that makes sense. But not noisy.

When driving I've tried holding different revs at 2000, 3000 etc. And the same thing happens. Nothing noticeable if I'm acceleratung hard through gears though.

Tried holding them revving in neutral before accelerating, to replicate driving, but all very smooth when I do that

Will defo be taking back in but just trying to tap into everyone else's experience and expertise before I do.. I'm sure it wasn't like this before. Dont want to get fobbed off by the vauxhall dealer.

I had wondered if it could be electrical given issue with stop/start?

This is the first petrol turbo I have owned, it feels to unrefined to be what I'd expect from a modern engine.

Cheers

F

Comment

How long have you had the car?
                  I’d suggest taking the mechanic a drive and demonstrating the issue and see what they suggest could be the issue.
                  Don’t let them tell you it’s nothing or a characteristic of the car if you’ve not had it long you can reject it but you have to give them a chance to fix it first.
                  Do keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    similar to chugging???
                    I hope this isn't asking a question in typical Rab way?

Comment

Hello Fantana
                      Go to main reception ( as I call it ) introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself and if you want to tell us what you like .
                      Me ?
                      I like doing impressions of Alvin Stardust in front of my wife she screams when I put the black glove on , and sing "My coocachoo "
                      Here's the link below

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                        I hope this isn't asking a question in typical Rab way?
                        you guessed correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                          How long have you had the car?
                          I’d suggest taking the mechanic a drive and demonstrating the issue and see what they suggest could be the issue.
                          Don’t let them tell you it’s nothing or a characteristic of the car if you’ve not had it long you can reject it but you have to give them a chance to fix it first.
                          Do keep us posted.
                          I've had the car a few months, pretty sure this is a new development. I like the idea of taking a mechanic out to show them I think I'll do that.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by FANTANA View Post
                            I've had the car a few months, pretty sure this is a new development. I like the idea of taking a mechanic out to show them I think I'll do that.

Cheers
                            FANTANA, have a read up on LSPI and on Youtube. There are quite a few guys on the Astra K forum who have had a similar problem, the 1.5T is a similar platform so looks like it is suffering with similar issues but not as severe as the 1.4T. There are couple of reasons that can cause it, the incorrect grade of oil used, the newer generation Dexos1 gen2 oil is supposed to prevent this by reducing the deposits that are in the compression chamber before ignition as this is what is causing the LSPI (LOW SPEED POST IGNITION ) poor fuel quality can also cause it, Vauxhall have actually advised in their service bulletin for this issue that customers use branded fuel due to the cleaning additives.

I have had mine 1 week now and have also noticed it low down in the rev range between 1500 and 3000 when accelerating.

Comment

Originally posted by bannan View Post
                              FANTANA, have a read up on LSPI and on Youtube. There are quite a few guys on the Astra K forum who have had a similar problem, the 1.5T is a similar platform so looks like it is suffering with similar issues but not as severe as the 1.4T. There are couple of reasons that can cause it, the incorrect grade of oil used, the newer generation Dexos1 gen2 oil is supposed to prevent this by reducing the deposits that are in the compression chamber before ignition as this is what is causing the LSPI (LOW SPEED POST IGNITION ) poor fuel quality can also cause it, Vauxhall have actually advised in their service bulletin for this issue that customers use branded fuel due to the cleaning additives.

I have had mine 1 week now and have also noticed it low down in the rev range between 1500 and 3000 when accelerating.
                              Hi Bannan

Thanks for the post, sorry for the delay in responding - i've been away! My car went through a few days of nice smooth driving but the jerking has returned, though it's not as severe as it was when i first posted. The car is going to the dealer tomorrow so i will report back.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X