Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FANTANA View Post
    Hi Bannan

Thanks for the post, sorry for the delay in responding - i've been away! My car went through a few days of nice smooth driving but the jerking has returned, though it's not as severe as it was when i first posted. The car is going to the dealer tomorrow so i will report back.

Cheers
    Great, it will be interesting to see what they come back with.

Comment

Comment

Hi Bannan

Thanks for the post, sorry for the delay in responding - i've been away! My car went through a few days of nice smooth driving but the jerking has returned, though it's not as severe as it was when i first posted. The car is going to the dealer tomorrow so i will report back.

Cheers
        Any updates from the Garage?

Comment

Originally posted by bannan View Post
          Any updates from the Garage?
          I was unable to drive with a mechanic to show the problem, of course they couldn't find anything wrong with it on their own. To be fair it is intermittent but they're clearly not really interested in helping.

Comment

I was unable to drive with a mechanic to show the problem, of course they couldn't find anything wrong with it on their own. To be fair it is intermittent but they're clearly not really interested in helping.
            Great! Not good news then. If you want to meet up to see if we are having the same problem just let me know as I'm not for from you (Washington)

Comment

Well I had mine booked in today and also said they couldn't notice anything [emoji848]. I've tried Vpower and injector cleaner. The only thing I have noticed improves it in my case is when the engine gets upto full temperature but also when the ambient outside temperature is warmer. I've been doing a bit digging on the German Insignia forums using translations and it seems they have done more about it over there, they have put it down to this engine running too Lean and they have got around it by running a 3rd party Map that ups the fuelling low down the revs, but also that it is worse when the weather is cold due to the air being denser. I will monitor and see if anything improves.

Comment

Hi,

Has anyone one found a solution to this problem? I have been speaking to a remapping company they said another map could work like the post says above could also improve fuel flow and has offered me a 30 day money back guarantee if I'm not happy

Comment

Long shot, but anyone got a follow up on this? Just got myself a 2018 Elite Nav 1.5T (165) which is at the thin end of VX warranty. Got it a few days ago from a dealer 200 miles away. Long story but it’s got lumpy (jerky) acceleration in all gears and the start stop isn’t working, possibly cos engine isn’t happy. No dash warning lights. Anyway, it’s booked in at the stealers next week and wanted to try and get a heads up. Issue could be related to the fact that it sat in stock at dealers for 3 months, thinking poss battery issue (although dash shows 14volts) or something random like water in fuel. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Jerky - may need a good service and a clean.out.
                    stop/start - battery needs to be in optimum condition for this to operate.

Comment

As above,give it a good run,clear it's throat out,give the motor a bit of work to do through the gears(keeping to the speed limits though!!)
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks for that.

Did a 200 mile motorway trip home from the dealers at the weekend, so it’s stretched it’s legs. Thing is, I didn’t notice it on the motorway.

Spotted another thread/topic on the forum from last year (think it was called stumble on acceleration) which detailed similar symptoms. The guy had his car at Vauxhall and it did get fixed eventually, but he wasn’t sure what they had done to it.

Let’s see what the dealer says on Monday. Worried that if there is no dash light and no codes they’ll turn a blind eye...

I’ll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it back from Advance Vauxhall Watford this afternoon.

Good and not so good news. Start stop issue was a weak battery, they had one in stock and swapped it on warranty, so that’s fixed. If it had been out of warranty it would have been £320 for replacement vx battery.

They couldn’t find fault with the acceleration. No stored codes so that was the end of that. They did say that the 1.5T is a bit laggy...

I have to say I fell for their spiel.

I ran the fuel right down over the weekend and filled it up with regular BP unleaded. Could be in my head, but I think it was running slightly better than last week, so maybe there is no longer a problem? Also, I’ve spent the last 8 years in a 2.0 CDTI 160 Insignia which has plenty of torque. Maybe I’m asking too much if the 1.5 petrol in so much as I’m changing up too soon and expecting it to pull smoothly from 1300 rpm and what I’m getting/feeling is just the turbo kicking in? Who knows, although I do think there is an as yet unresolved issue there.

I was impressed with Advanced Vauxhall Watford, despite not getting all the answers.

Comment

As I said....battery needs to be in tip top condition

and at £320 you've been reamed right up the dung box mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy L View Post
                              Got it back from Advance Vauxhall Watford this afternoon.

Good and not so good news. Start stop issue was a weak battery, they had one in stock and swapped it on warranty, so that’s fixed. If it had been out of warranty it would have been £320 for replacement vx battery.

They couldn’t find fault with the acceleration. No stored codes so that was the end of that. They did say that the 1.5T is a bit laggy...

I have to say I fell for their spiel.

I ran the fuel right down over the weekend and filled it up with regular BP unleaded. Could be in my head, but I think it was running slightly better than last week, so maybe there is no longer a problem? Also, I’ve spent the last 8 years in a 2.0 CDTI 160 Insignia which has plenty of torque. Maybe I’m asking too much if the 1.5 petrol in so much as I’m changing up too soon and expecting it to pull smoothly from 1300 rpm and what I’m getting/feeling is just the turbo kicking in? Who knows, although I do think there is an as yet unresolved issue there.

I was impressed with Advanced Vauxhall Watford, despite not getting all the answers.

I found this Click image for larger version

Name:	dynochart.aspx?chart1=3007&chart2=3008&language=nl.png
Views:	458
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	296285
                              diagram for the 1.5 165 hp engine. Dotted line is original, solid one is tuned. It doesn't seems to do anything below 1750 so I think you're expecting too much from that little engine...

Comment

Thanks RBH & Ernst

The graph is really interesting. As I suspected I'm defo driving it wrong - the diesel experience hasn't done me any good! Given that I plan to keep it for a while I'm going to look into tuning once it's out of warranty. Will poke around the forum for advice.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X