Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android phone v DVD 800 - phone losing the battle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android phone v DVD 800 - phone losing the battle!

Hi, I have been for the last few hour searching the minefield of the web and not really getting anywhere so thought it would be best to ask here!

I have a 09 insignia elite Nav with dvd 800

How can I connect my phone to play spotify through the car and ideally use steering wheel controls?

I have had a quick search on ebay and have found 2nd hand bluetooth "parts" but on reading different bits that would still only work for calls not music, I have tried plugging in by usb cable and the car is not picking my phone up at all.

Please help point me in the right direction it's the only thing letting me down on the car!

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately it is calls only for Bluetooth. Usb will work with a flash drive etc. but not sure through the phone. Spotify should work with an AUX connection though. Sadly, also no steering controls with these. Hopefully someone else will advise if I missed anything

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
      Unfortunately it is calls only for Bluetooth. Usb will work with a flash drive etc. but not sure through the phone. Spotify should work with an AUX connection though. Sadly, also no steering controls with these. Hopefully someone else will advise if I missed anything
      If USB works for a flash drive, it should work with most phones - there are settings on the phone end which tell it whether or not to pretend to be a flash drive when plugged in.

Don't think that would help with spotify, though. Aux cable should work

Comment

Unfortunately the tech is old. It only allows calls through bluetooth. Not for music streaming.

Comment

I'd say your best bet is to plug it in with aux, put Spotify in car mode, and mount your phone somewhere safe. Either that or spend a few hundred quid on upgrading your dvd800 to an android unit
          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
            If USB works for a flash drive, it should work with most phones - there are settings on the phone end which tell it whether or not to pretend to be a flash drive when plugged in.

Don't think that would help with spotify, though. Aux cable should work
            Yeah, meant to say for streaming usb likely won't work.

Comment

Forgot about this earlier, might work for you but no steering controls https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...500#post333500

Comment

when the radio is turned on does your phone not see it what android phone are you using if you pull down and keep you finger on blue tooth symbol it will bring up the search your phone needs to be set to visible for the radio to see it i have the s10+ and a dvd 800 nav when they try to connect a code comes on the radio to type in when connected all wheel controls should work..

should of read your post properly i have tried all types to do the same to no avail

Comment

The thing is , is that since the introduction of mobile fone and its capabilities of storytelling music, we all put our music on fone , and hopefully we can stream your chosen banging toons through your car hifi system via Bluetooth.
                  But as we find out most car hifi system will have Bluetooth thease days , but with earlier versions, it is just telephone calls .
                  I have 3 cars with Bluetooth 2 are just a UHP device , and my wife's car has as above plus streaming, but hers is 2013 .
                  What I did to overcome all the flapping faff was to buy a £15.00 DAB unit with Bluetooth built in, so I can now get DAB radio and I can connect my phone and stream music ,
                  Yes you don't get the niceaties of being able to change tracks via steering wheel controls. But if you mount it close and safe enough then it works wonders .
                  Also it has the option of either connecting to radio via a spare frequency, or 3.5mm jack lead .
                  When I had my insignia I mounted it on the ashtray with some sticky pads .
                  Bring back the days of the old eight track that's what I say !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks everyone have been looking at a few options, and going with the trying a bluetooth adaptor for now and see how I get on!

Comment

Originally posted by Welsby229 View Post
                      Thanks everyone have been looking at a few options, and going with the trying a bluetooth adaptor for now and see how I get on!
                      Let us know how you get on, might help a few others with the same question

Comment

Working...
                      X