Keeps losing signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeps losing signal

Got a 2016 vx line insignia with satnav. But the signal keeps cutting out, I have tried it on DAB and also FM. Just wondering what it could be?

are the stations tuned to the national ones,,mine were tuned to the local ones,changed to the nationals,still not perfect,but better
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle egerton View Post
      Got a 2016 vx line insignia with satnav. But the signal keeps cutting out, I have tried it on DAB and also FM. Just wondering what it could be?
      Weather related???

Comment

I’ll try messing with other stations. No it’s not weather related it’s been doing it sunset I got the car.

Comment

If it's only the dab stations it Could be a faulty dab module.
          But if it's happening on FM/AM stations , then it's the serial or the cable.
          Try unplugging the aerial at the radio box underneath the refit the plug...worth a try dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle egerton View Post
            I’ll try messing with other stations. No it’s not weather related it’s been doing it sunset I got the car.
            Have you got any 12v devices plugged in, chargers, cams etc etc
            Lots of cheap power supplies interfere with dab and fm.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My DAB is pretty poor too. Lots of people on here keep asking where the arial is etc. Well can confirm top of heated windscreen. Traced cable to a plug under rear OS side trims and found this plug. It's on a slide attachment to free. Little stiff may I had scuffed hands and all. Once accessible I've tuned my radio in to DAB and pulled loses DAB. Re-plug and back on. Now I'm going to see if I can source and fit a signal booster in line here.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_113730.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	244648
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_115649.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	244649

Comment

The 17 plate GS Sri Nav i'm in currently with the bigger screen is hopeless with DAB, in my 18 plate GS Tourer with no nav so smaller screen and intellilnk r4 i hardly ever have DAB issues. This one struggles with anything other than BBC stations...i mainly listen to Radio X and in my 18 plate GS Tourer, a 19 plate Mokka hire car and a 18 plate Corsa i had briefly all with the same Intellilnk 4 system i could listen to Radio X, Talksport 2 etc with no issues but on this 17 plate GS it either drops in and out or fails to tune them in at all. Tried retuning in different places etc but no change.

Not sure if the bigger screen\Nav system runs on a different version of software compared to the smaller screen ones but there is certainly an issue somewhere with DAB reception. To be honest the reception in my own GS isnt quite as good as it was on my old 10 plate tourer so not sure how they've gone backwards with it. Think on that car the ariel for it was in the side boot window whereas on my new tourer its in the shark fin.

Comment

Keeps losing signal

I’ll have a look and refit the plug to see if it helps. Thanks

Comment

Now I'm confused. I thought the top lines on the rear window were for DAB. Yet just found this.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_102856.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	244699

Name:	20200216_102915.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	244700

Comment

Just bought and fitted a amplifier for the top Aerial on rear screen, horizontal bars (2 wire) and fitted as opposed to the one in use on the bottom, vertical bar (single wire). Unplugged the single prong one. Unclipped the cable and took it back on itself towards the cable entry to find the new amp had a slightly different key. Bit of force and it's on. Straight away loads more DAB channels and DAB +. Don't know why my cars DAB was put onto the vertical rung. Though it seems to have sorted the problem. Can't wait to drive to work in the morning to see if it doesn't drop out like before. ��

Name:	Screenshot_20200218-202647_eBay.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	244723

Comment

Cheers mate I’ll order one of these myself. Nothing worse than it dropping in and out all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X