Want to fit and enable tpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to fit and enable tpms

Hi all, was wondering if there were any members in the Midlands who could enable the tpms function on my insignia? I assume I just need to purchase some sensors at 433mhz and enable the function for it to work????

Many thanks
    Jim.

Hi,this will depend on wiring loom and a tpms module,your Insignia may not be have any of these,someone will clarify.

You could look at fitting a Universal kit,but as with above could be costly.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I hope it has, my Sri 14 plate had it but this limited edition hasn't but has loads of other stuff like heated steering wheel. I have had a bit of a Google and it looks like it just needs enabling ����

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyjaffa View Post
        I hope it has, my Sri 14 plate had it but this limited edition hasn't but has loads of other stuff like heated steering wheel. I have had a bit of a Google and it looks like it just needs enabling ����
        Someone will be along and confirm this for you
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Cheers ������

Comment

With it being a limited edition and heated steering wheel it'll be the face lift so it should have everything.

If the screen for the TPMS is showing all 4 wheels as - - then the sensors batteries have failed.
            All you would need to do is buy the relevant sensors, fit them and go for a drive.

Once mobile, they'll teach and learn themselves into the system.

Comment

Not all 14 plates had them. Mine didn't until I retrofitted them. Mine was also a limited edition.

Bcm reprogramming
              Tpms ecu
              4 x tpms sensors
              Enable in instrument cluster

Comment

[QUOTE]Not all 14 plates had them. Mine didn't until I retrofitted them. Mine was also a limited edition.[QUOTE]

Where would I find the tpms ecu on the vehicle please, as I know of a 15 plate elite breaking which I could take off. Also I do have atomics fitted with those all metal valves, would that mean that I might already have sensors in the wheels?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimmyjaffa;333599][QUOTE]Not all 14 plates had them. Mine didn't until I retrofitted them. Mine was also a limited edition.

Where would I find the tpms ecu on the vehicle please, as I know of a 15 plate elite breaking which I could take off. Also I do have atomics fitted with those all metal valves, would that mean that I might already have sensors in the wheels?
                  Rear bumper (right hand side), does the valve look like it has a nut on it?

It looks like this

Comment

[attach=config]3721[/attach
                    Attached Files

Comment

But if not I'll just buy some sensors and ecu and retro fit. Who enabled yours in the dash?

Comment

But if not I'll just buy some sensors and ecu and retro fit. Who enabled yours in the dash?
                        Looks like the sensors. Some guy in italy a few years ago. But there's more people in the UK popping up now.

Ask plasma he can sort you out

Comment

Just to clarify, I will have to remove rear bumper to find the TPMS ecu? I will also check if I have sensors and knock the Tyre of the bead and check.

Comment

Just to clarify, I will have to remove rear bumper to find the TPMS ecu? I will also check if I have sensors and knock the Tyre of the bead and check.
                            It would easier to remove the rear bumper but not essential.

I'd get the system up and running first. Even if they are the sensors they might have dead batteries in them or something.

Comment

TPMS valves have a metal valve stem,not the traditional rubber ones
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X