No announcement yet.

Sad day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never a good time to lose any pet---and making the decision to have the dog put down is one of the worst things in life----we have had to do it many times over the years and its never easy----get yourself another one Alex---it really will help------Dave

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200210_152650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	244624
      Keen driver

Name:	Screenshot_20200210_152722.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	244625
      My handsome boy
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alex421; 10-02-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I know how you're feeling, Alex...

Me and the wife are cat lovers and have lost a few over the years. One in particular attached herself to me and when age caught up with her and kidney failure meant it was time to let her go. It was my job to take her to the vets one last time. When I got back in the car with her empty box I blubbed like a baby. I couldn't believe it but just like other members have said....They become family.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I fully agree with Marko (there's a first!)
          We had a beautiful Siamese/Ragdoll cross called Frank. This is him practicing his favourite sport of banister surfing:

Name:	IMAG0332.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	244627
          18 months ago he was knocked down in the road at the top of our drive by a driver who didn't stop. Although a neighbour ran to our door to tell us, when I got there he was obviously dead. We still miss him even though he was a pain the arse sometimes. They really do get under your skin, so sympathies to you Alex.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
            Unfortunately it's came time to put down our beloved pet.
            He's a black Labrador aged 13 and due to many ailments like arthritis, kidney problems etc... His life has to be cut short. We do this with a very heavy heart
            Been one of the best friends I've ever had, truly loyal companion.
            May take some time to recover from loosing a big part of our family but we know it's better for him as his wellbeing is more important than our feelings.
            Sorry to hear that Alex. We have only a week ago had to say goodby to our little dog, It's getting easier but will take time.

Comment

Unfortunately it's came time to put down our beloved pet.
              He's a black Labrador aged 13 and due to many ailments like arthritis, kidney problems etc... His life has to be cut short. We do this with a very heavy heart
              Been one of the best friends I've ever had, truly loyal companion.
              May take some time to recover from loosing a big part of our family but we know it's better for him as his wellbeing is more important than our feelings.
              Sorry to hear man. All the best to you
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Definitely a sad day. Sorry to hear that bud, like everyone says, they become part of the family. We have 2 cats and a dog and even though I like the cats(well, really only one of them), I dread the day we need to part with our dog more. He is such a character and always raises laughter as he's really clumsy and silly. He and the male cat are best buds which people find odd because of the size difference. Hope you feel better about it soon, a hard decision but well done for doing the best thing, although it's not easy

Comment

Sorry to hear your news Alex at times like that you console yourself with the thought your pal is no longer suffering all the best mate

Comment

Nothing else to say Alex because it's all already been said , but my thoughts are with you , , keep smiling, and you have love and support on here .
                    All the Best
                    Paul .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

To many too mention but a huge thanks guys for the lovely comments and support, I'm really grateful, he's in a far better place now...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                        I fully agree with Marko (there's a first!)
                        We had a beautiful Siamese/Ragdoll cross called Frank. This is him practicing his favourite sport of banister surfing:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]
                        18 months ago he was knocked down in the road at the top of our drive by a driver who didn't stop. Although a neighbour ran to our door to tell us, when I got there he was obviously dead. We still miss him even though he was a pain the arse sometimes. They really do get under your skin, so sympathies to you Alex.
                        That's a cracking photo pete

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          I know how you're feeling, Alex...

Me and the wife are cat lovers and have lost a few over the years. One in particular attached herself to me and when age caught up with her and kidney failure meant it was time to let her go. It was my job to take her to the vets one last time. When I got back in the car with her empty box I blubbed like a baby. I couldn't believe it but just like other members have said....They become family.
                          I know what you mean I was crying and holding him as he went wife too, took a good 30-40mins to compose myself

Comment

That's a cracking photo pete
                            Yeah, I heard him jump up as I was walking past the foot of the stairs and just happened to have the phone set to camera. He also used to jump across the gap - gave us heart attacks every time, but he never slipped!
                            Last edited by PeteH; 10-02-2020, 10:14 PM.
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                            X