High beam stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High beam stuck on

Hi guys. I need some help. I am at my wits end. I have a 09 reg 1.8 insignia s. I am having problems with my lights. I noticed that when I put them on main beam the other day they dipped on their own. Then I took them off main beam all fine but then went on main beam again and stayed on main beam. I can’t dip my lights. Took it to my mechanic he had my car for 5 hours and took out the main beam fuses.and Said I will have to google it. So I
    Put the fuses back in,they worked for a couple of days. But now lights stuck on high beam. Fuses are fine. Can anybody help me as I don’t know where to turn or what to do. Thank you

Welcome, Tracy, to the friendliest forum on t'interweb
    We like it if new members introduce themselves in the 'new members' section before launching into specifics, (see https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-(please-read) and https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...orum-etiquette).
    Meanwhile, I'm sure there was a thread about a similar problem a couple of months ago, may be worth searching?
    Edit; it's here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-problem/page8

PLUS - what kind of 'mechanic' takes 5 hours only to come up with the suggestion of googling it???
    Last edited by PeteH; 10-02-2020, 06:49 PM. Reason: Link to previous thread added
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Sticking relay perhaps?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My so called mechanic has said that it’s not the relay. But it took him5 hours just to remove the fuses. I have put them back in and lights still stuck on full beam. Would a faulty relay cause this issue.

Comment

Hi,What happens when you push/pull the indicator stalk,does this make any difference?
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi. Nothing it stays on full beam. The only thing that changes is the lights on dash board. ( high beam / low beam ).

Comment

The stalk could be at fault.
              Although it's send the signal to the dash to change icon, it might not be sending the signal to the ECU to change at the lights.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	244631
                I've deleted that last comment and put a picture of my handy work.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by lizzard-t; 11-02-2020, 09:42 AM. Reason: I should of had a lookie before posting

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  This is the thread that PeteH was talking about ( I think)
                  https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...adlamp-problem
                  Yup, same thread as the link I pasted at the end of my first post thead
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Did not mean to tread on your toes Pete so I've deleted that comment.
                    Sorry .should of looked

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      Did not mean to tread on your toes Pete so I've deleted that comment.
                      Sorry .should of looked
                      No prob, doesn't hurt to say things twice, although the op could have found the older thread quite easily by searching thead
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Old thread I know but I came across this video that may help others for this problem
                        Investigating & fixing a headlamp fault on a 2009 Vauxhall / Opel insignia when the headlamp was stuck on and wouldn't turn off even with the key out the ign...
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                        X