Minging nav screen.....help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minging nav screen.....help?

Did a search but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have any tips for what to use on the touch screen and surrounding plastics? Mines very quickly become minging and was wondering if there was anything to use to clean and to try and prevent it, so I'm not becoming increasingly obsessed over it.

Was thinking of standard screen wipes but they don't work on my laptop very well so doubt they make much difference.

Answers of......wash your hands or use the buttons will not suffice.....[emoji1787]

I bought a screen protector for mine from AliExpress. It was about £12, but it's fingerprint resistant, and conventional screen wipes work fine on a monthly basis.
    Last edited by PeteH; 11-02-2020, 10:16 AM. Reason: Changed 'quotes' to 'wipes' - bloody autocorrect!
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      I bought a screen protector for mine from AliExpress. It was about £12, but it's fingerprint resistant, and conventional screen wipes work fine on a monthly basis.
      Ooo screen protector! Thanks, never thought of that

Comment

Originally posted by RunPT View Post
        Ooo screen protector! Thanks, never thought of that
        Yeah, but you need to make sure the original screen is absolutely clean and smudge free before you apply it
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          Yeah, but you need to make sure the original screen is absolutely clean and smudge free before you apply it
          I'll give it ago, anything to stop it annoying me [emoji1787]

Comment

You're welcome
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Have clean hands!
              Use the steering wheel controls!
              Use voice commands!
              My cockpit detailer cleans it just fine. One of the better screens iv ever had to clean to be fair.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Have clean hands!
                Use voice commands!
                My cockpit detailer cleans it just fine. One of the better screens iv ever had to clean to be fair.
                I tried voice.......yeah my computer's an arrogant cow who kept talking over me and ended up in me swearing at it [emoji849]

My last insignia just had the teeny tiny screen, but this one seems to be showing up every mark, wondering if it's what ever the valeters used on it rather than the actual screen

Comment

Yes I have had that, get some decent glasses cleaner, not expensive. If it's good enough for glasses.wont hurt your screen.
                  Once clean either fit a screen protector or just see how it goes.

Voice. If you go into settings and do a factory reset, radio and personal settings you might find voice works better.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes I have had that, get some decent glasses cleaner, not expensive. If it's good enough for glasses.wont hurt your screen.
                    Once clean either fit a screen protector or just see how it goes.

Voice. If you go into settings and do a factory reset, radio and personal settings you might find voice works better.
                    Ah thanks! I'll try that

Comment

Have clean hands!
                      Use voice commands!
                      You have someone to detail your cockpit??

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        You have someone to detail your cockpit??
                        Don't you get your cock detailed ooops cockpit [emoji106]

Comment

Ah, thats what the wipes are for!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            Ah, thats what the wipes are for!
                            Don't get the alcohol based ones......stings a tad.

I'm currently what shouting at my sat nav......she's an idiot.....

Comment

Mine is an idiot too, but annoyingly right most of the time!

Comment

Working...
                              X