2.0cdti 163 ecoflex sri chain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
    Oh dear, i better be abit vigilant when i go in there later then. Cheers bud
    It's out of manufacturers warranty I wouldn't bother only if it's something major

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      It's out of manufacturers warranty I wouldn't bother only if it's something major
      Not bother about the car atall or not bother about the problems i may have for now?

Tbh i have a good feeling about the car, drives great, i just dont have confidence in the people themselfes but the car was traded in for another car from the same branch.

Comment

Not bother about the car atall or not bother about the problems i may have for now?

Tbh i have a good feeling about the car, drives great, i just dont have confidence in the people themselfes but the car was traded in for another car from the same branch.
        I meant don't bother going to them for services and minor problems. Unless under warranty

Comment

Right had a bit of a result, theyve admitted they were wrong on the chain and said the belt hasnt been done so there going to do that and theyve checked the dreaded oil pump seal and thats all good.

Yes im taking it by word of mouth but what else can i do.

Hopefully picking her up Saturday. Happy bunny

Comment

Right had a bit of a result, theyve admitted they were wrong on the chain and said the belt hasnt been done so there going to do that and theyve checked the dreaded oil pump seal and thats all good.

Yes im taking it by word of mouth but what else can i do.

Hopefully picking her up Saturday. Happy bunny
            To check it is the same as replacing it. They will not have checked it. Who in their right mind would strip it all down that far and not change a seal that's only costs a few pounds. I would suggest you probe them further, if not then I feel you have been shafted.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              To check it is the same as replacing it. They will not have checked it. Who in their right mind would strip it all down that far and not change a seal that's only costs a few pounds. I would suggest you probe them further, if not then I feel you have been shafted.
              What is there to strip? Its the sump and thats it, aslong as its put back correctly which you would know when the oil pressure light comes on? Im no mechanic but ive seen the videos

Comment

What is there to strip?
                Wheel off,drivers side driveshaft out,exhaust dropped from dpf ,,then you can remove sump,,,,also if no cut outs ,2 holes drilling in the bellhousing to access the hidden bolts,,,about 1.5 hrs,on a lift
                Last edited by exclusiv.; 12-02-2020, 05:00 PM.
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

What is there to strip? Its the sump and thats it, aslong as its put back correctly which you would know when the oil pressure light comes on? Im no mechanic but ive seen the videos
                  Depends if it has the access holes if not it would be a lot more work. I'd be surprised if they had checked it. Considering they couldn't check my glovebox for my service book haha

Comment

I got 3 years warrenty with it so ill check whether its covered. Cheers lads

Comment

I got 3 years warrenty with it so ill check whether its covered. Cheers lads
                      It won't be, that would mean Vauxhall admitting there is a fault .

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It won't be, that would mean Vauxhall admitting there is a fault .
                        No, i had to pay for that. You get 3 months after the sale.

Comment

No, i had to pay for that. You get 3 months after the sale.
                          He meant if you were trying to get the seal replaced under warranty they would not pay for it. (I think that's what he meant)

Comment

"They say", Everythings covered other than wear and tear... so would it come up as that, im not sure.

Comment

"They say", Everythings covered other than wear and tear... so would it come up as that, im not sure.
                              Which means they can and will get out of anything that moves, switches on, turns etc etc.

Comment

Which means they can and will get out of anything that moves, switches on, turns etc etc.
                                Mate i dont know what your trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X