insignia gsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    That's the trouble, when you buy these sub 100k cars for 10-15k, when they do go wrong the price to fix them is still out of your price range. I was looking at Range Rover Sport for abit but reliability aren't great and i wont be able to afford the repair bill
    I am pleased you steered clear, they too look nice but unless you're a footballer you'd struggle to keep it on the road

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
      I am pleased you steered clear, they too look nice but unless you're a footballer you'd struggle to keep it on the road
      Exactly bud, i seen the light

Comment

Always wise to do some homework I think

Comment

I know . Thats why i leased mine for 2 years. I know how much i pay for the 2 years as its fixed and road tax is included.
          Very popular these days, I was always tempted by this but did too many miles, retired now but still do 14k a year!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            Very popular these days, I was always tempted by this but did too many miles, retired now but still do 14k a year!
            My neighbour got a new civic and is allowed to do 18k, not sure how much he is paying.
            Mine is 10k cap, so sometimes i prob have to use the wifes car.

Comment

My neighbour got a new civic and is allowed to do 18k, not sure how much he is paying.
              Mine is 10k cap, so sometimes i prob have to use the wifes car.
              Was going to say, there are some positives and some negatives with that too but again were all different and as long as it suits you, it doesn't matter

Comment

Yes, I think they are excellent if you are not doing too many miles, you just cover the depreciation. New car every 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  New car every 2-3 years.
                  Yeah 1st brand new car i have owned (could i use that ) otherwise i wouldn't be able to afford one. It is a very good scheme .

The thing is unless you keep your car along time you won't benefit on a used car savings over a new leased one.

When i brought by siggy, i mean placed the deposit at the dealer, a few days later i went on wbac and placed the car reg into the website see how much its worth and their amount is £8700, bearing in mind i have not paid for the car/collected it which is selling at £10,600 + admin fee. So a £2000 profit. and lets say i px in 1 year the car prob fetch £6700, that's 4k loss in 1 year along with road taxing it and MOT, service, tyre change etc. That is more than leasing a new car for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdip View Post
                    Thanks for all the info guys. I'll stick with what I have at the moment at least.
                    You are a tease, Gurdip....Show them your V6!
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

a few on the facebook page seem to like them and don't really hear of any issues

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        You are a tease, Gurdip....Show them your V6!
                        Haha sold the insignia was then thinking of selling the other one to get a gsi. But reading all this I will keep this one. For now at least cos boot is not always big enough and have to use the rear seats

Comment

Haha sold the insignia was then thinking of selling the other one to get a gsi. But reading all this I will keep this one. For now at least cos boot is not always big enough and have to use the rear seats
                          When did biturbo go ??
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Last week, would have preferred to keep it but just an extra expense I suppose for nothing I suppose. But boot was big enough for big shop.

Comment

I considered lease, but the 2014 VXLine I bought in 2015 cost me £14,500, wasn't even a year old and had 14k miles on it. I had it 4 years and my wife has had the car for over a year now, no problems at all and still worth £6k. Lost £8.5k over 5 years - £1700 per year. I couldn't lease that car for £141 per month or anywhere near.
                              The GSI as with all VX Insignias are an absolute steal up to 1 year old - my VXLine bought last year at 10 months old - 10k miles was £16k! - nearly £28k brand new. The GSI is no different, will take a huge hit first of from the £30k odd that they are - but then the depreciation is more than acceptable.

Comment

But reading all this I will keep this one. For now at least cos boot is not always big enough and have to use the rear seats
                                As you asked for some opinions, you got a few mixed ones . At the end of the day, it's your money and choice, just buy what you like

Comment

Working...
                                X