Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Unless the previous owner had an I phone and turned AA off [emoji1787]
    I wouldn't turn it off necessarily because I only had 1 brand of phone. Makes no difference in the operation of the head unit

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Download AA on your phone. When you go to view any car bring your USB charging wire with you and plug it in.

When the car is turned on the projection icon will change to the AA icon if it's on there.

Mine is a 65 plate but I will need the update for AA. (Well if I wasn't fitting a CT6 screen)
      The op is trying to find out if the car has AA before going to view it thats mines away.

Comment

It seems a strange option to give turning either of them because as you say it makes no difference at all to how the head unit works. The icon just shows Projection if nothing is plugged in and either CarPlay or AA if either is plugged in. Not sure what is achieved really by turning them off other than confusing someone down the line!

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          https://photos.app.goo.gl/h8BULtoXrtnZc7k39

Settings > Android Auto > Android Auto - Off / Android Auto - On

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            The op is trying to find out if the car has AA before going to view it thats mines away.
            I didn't read the whole post forgive my ignorance.

OP, I understand that AA is a must. Where abouts do you live?

The only option is to ask the seller whether AA is in the menus on the head unit.

If not and you can get a gooooooooood deal then you can get it updated via the dealer or plasma one of our memebers

I've heard people getting the update for as little as £40 but it varies dealer to dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
              If not and you can get a gooooooooood deal then you can get it updated via the dealer or plasma one of our memebers

I've heard people getting the update for as little as £40 but it varies dealer to dealer.
              If the op gets a 2015 do they need the 2.5 hmi module? If it's a 2016 is it just a case of updating the intellilink firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                If the op gets a 2015 do they need the 2.5 hmi module? If it's a 2016 is it just a case of updating the intellilink firmware?
                the later 15s had the 2.5,,mine was born a couple of months too early
                Last edited by exclusiv.; 15-02-2020, 09:42 PM.
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

mines a 63 plate so i am screwed as well

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                    mines a 63 plate so i am screwed as well
                    New car time Graeme1975.

I have android auto on my mazda you not missing much, its backward step atm you have to plug phone in.

Comment

I've recently bought an insignia and the option to connect only shows iPhone compatibility. If it has iPhone is there a way to change setting to android, if so I cant see it.

Vauxhall said it probably needs upgrading but wondering if this is true?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Stevolution View Post
                        I've recently bought an insignia and the option to connect only shows iPhone compatibility. If it has iPhone is there a way to change setting to android, if so I cant see it.

Vauxhall said it probably needs upgrading but wondering if this is true?

Cheers
                        Look in settings AA may be turned off.
                        But if CP is there update will bring AA

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

it should look like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229-201954.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	245076

My black Insignia

Comment

In that menu it only say 'Apple Carplay' so I'm guessing i need an update. Does anyone know where I can get this done. Vauxhall said they could do it but it takes half a day and cost around 130 quid

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200315_145125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	245077

Here's how nt looks

Comment

Originally posted by Stevolution View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4471[/ATTACH]

Here's how nt looks
                                Yes update will enable AA. Iv heard you can be charged various amounts. Ring a few different stealers up, they all have different prices. I don't think it takes long, they just say that so your car there and they get to do it in between other jobs so it's pure profit.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X