First time Opel owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Opel owner

Hi all from a new Opel owner in Ireland. Just bought a 2016 Opel Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0 lt CDTI. Very impressed with the build and the general drive of the car and all the extras. Came from a 2.0 lt Mondeo Ghia X estate and although the Insignia feels a small bit smaller it is just as comfortable and nice to drive. Only issue is an airbag light coming on and off constantly on the dash even though airbag light below the infotainment system is amber which I think means it's working. I have pushed and pulled every plug and wire under the seat but no good. It just seems to randomly come on, could be when I start the car or could be after a few miles. Then it might ding on the dash 5 or 6 times and stay lit or it might go out and come back on. Any help?

Hello and welcome

Comment

Tut tut Alex, Rab will come slap your hand in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        Tut tut Alex, Rab will come slap your hand in a bit
        It's fine....coz the OP introduced himself first in the new members section.

He's just been lazy and copied and pasted the same post here

Comment

Ahh, we'll let him off then

Comment

Oh, makes sense...was a week ago

Comment

Hello Short frank , I would be inclined to either get a good quality code reader , or stick it into a garage that know there stuff, and let them have a lookie you do require fault codes or you are just stabbing in the dark .
              I would not keep, tugging and pulling at wires under the seat ,due to the fact that it is an explosive charge , and if something goes woof then you may have a face full of airbage .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                X