Abs problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs problems

Alright lads ,so I got a service ASAP message ,abs and traction light come up on my 2010 insignia 2.0 cdti Sri estate ,I got from opcom that it was the rear left sensor that was the problem so took the wheel off for a look,the bolt holding the sensor snapped straight off which peed me off straight away [emoji15],from when I can see the abs ring has part of it broken off so I’m guessing I need a new wheel bearing now ,so I decided to take the wheel hub and brakes off to make sure I didn’t run into any problems if I was going to do the work myself otherwise it would be a garage job ,the screw holding the hub was a pain in the arse to get off as someone had rounded it in the past,moneys a bit tight at the min so hopefully I can do it myself and find somewhere cheap to buy the bearing? I’m just wondering how hard it is to actually get the wheel bearing off a insignia as I know they can be a nightmare on some cars ,I’ve tried looking for videos etc but can’t see any for my car,any help or advice would be great as you guys have got me out of a pickle in the past

Cheers

Myk

Think it comes off as a complete unit-----Dave

Comment

Yeah I think so made just don’t know if it’s simple enough to get off or not

Comment

Think you will need a breaker bar as the bolts will be tight----but its doable if you have the tools------Dave

Comment

Thanks mate I think I’ll give it ago myself once we get a decent spell of weather

Comment

Originally posted by Myk1984durham View Post

Yeah I think so made just don’t know if it’s simple enough to get off or not
            The 'clean' outer face around the bearing will be tight in,try undoing the orignal bolts but don't take them out fully,give them a 'whack' on the heads to loosen the bearing/hub assy. from the rear suspension hth.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Cheers mate I’ll let you know how I got on once I get around to if

Comment

I have tried to do this myself using the said guidance and ended up going to my local engineering company to get the bearing pressed out. Not as easy as said. I would not recommend trying it yourself unless you have the back up of a place to go to get the bearing pressed out. Once you start driving the bearing out using the bolts the car is not drive able. I'm all for DIY but this one (on my '12 Biturbo) was not possible for me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X