Brown grill :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown grill :(

Picture doesn't really seem to show it on my phone screen but the the middle 'slat' on the grill has turned brown/bronze. I'm unsure if it's tarnished or oxidation or what.

Does anyone know what I can do to restore it?

If not it will be over to the exterior work side of the forum for how to fit a new grill [emoji1787]

Can't see pic mate
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

If you're talking about the pictures you posted earlier, can't see anything amiss. However, you could always wrap or spray the bottom 3 slats black - it looks very effective and is pretty straightforward to do.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Can't see pic mate
        I'm an idiot that didn't attach it.

It's only slight but looks much darker in real life.

Just didn't know if it was a job I could fix with a product or just replace. It's no where else in the car, only that one bit

Comment

Nope, still can't see it! (The bronzing, I mean, can see the picture fine)
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Nope, still can't see it!
            Pictures really are bad [emoji1787] I'll try get another tomorrow, it's best described as 'tea stained' only that side of one silver bar.

I may respray or wrap it in black, if there's no easy fix

Comment

I found spraying a lot easier than wrapping, specially on parts that curve in 3 dimensions. See https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...S-front-chrome for my experience
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

I found spraying a lot easier than wrapping, specially on parts that curve in 3 dimensions. See https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...S-front-chrome for my experience
                Thanks, I'll give that a go I reckon. It's such an insignificant problem, but now I know it's there it's annoying me

Comment

easier solution

Click image for larger version

Name:	4ea12b27916e0bf437b1bd7134d79988.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	244709
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    easier solution

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3854[/ATTACH]
                    Ooo I like that.

I was thinking of adding a bit of black elsewhere to the car so would probably tie in nicely

Comment

Psssst... Take a look at post #38 on this thread: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...moji1360/page4
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Psssst... Take a look at post #38 on this thread: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...moji1360/page4
                        Oooo that's hot!

I've done a bit of googling and seems to be unfixable, I can not cover it or replace really, but that black is a mint idea

Comment

Released 1978 by Boney M as far as I recall.

Brown grill in the ring
                          Tra la la la la......

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            Released 1978 by Boney M as far as I recall.

Brown grill in the ring
                            Tra la la la la......

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I like the black look with chrome wing and badge. The new grill is like that and black round the outside as well. Pete has his wings black and just the badge chrome. Lots of ideas for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X