Auto gearbox problems on 2012 Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto gearbox problems on 2012 Insignia

Good evening, I'm hoping someone on here could help me out with two gearbox problems with my 2012 Insignia Auto 2.0 CDTI.

(1) When pulling away after being stopped for over a minute with car in D at either lights or when in heavy traffic as soon as you take your foot off the brake to pull away it doesn't creep forward but can either jump forward or stay stopped and as soon as you apply any throttle pressure the car will harshly engage drive and jump forward. Doesn't do it all the time and the only way to stop this is by moving the stick from D to N when stopping.

(2) There is also a vibration from the vehicle at various speeds but mainly at 60mph when slowing down the car starts to shake (just like a manual when you don't change down) I believe the car isn't changing down a gear but stays in a higher gear causing it to vibrate, the only way to stop this is to put the car in manual mode which stops the vibration and when you manually select a higher gear it says shift denied. Proving auto has not selected the correct gear.

I've had the car into Vauxhall and they have updated the software but that only lasted a week before symptoms started again. They have said nothing else they can do and what do I expect with 123k miles on the clock. I thought about changing the gearbox oil but Vauxhall say it's "a sealed unit for life"

Hoping someone may have come across this before.

Regards

Steve

fluid can be changed ,take no notice of vx
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello Steve ,as exclusiv states ,thease are not sealed for life ,and do require ATF change,I would say every 2-3 years .
      The way to change it is ,drain gearbox and measure how much comes out ( approx 2.5 litres +/-)
      Refill with same quantity and drive for a week
      Repeat that process about 4 times ( due to the fact that a lot of the oil is in the torque converter)
      1 word worth noting check the smell and colour of the fluid coming out , if it's black , and smells burnt , then there maybe other issues .
      If your not comfortable doing that then get in touch with an auto gearbox garage to acess the issue .
      I know on some the valve bodies can give problems, but can be replaced if you want to have a go yourself.
      Try fluid changes first .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Fluid changes are also recommended if you tow (or if anyone else has), I think they quote every 36k miles for tow cars. Hope this works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by s90gam View Post
          Good evening, I'm hoping someone on here could help me out with two gearbox problems with my 2012 Insignia Auto 2.0 CDTI.

(1) When pulling away after being stopped for over a minute with car in D at either lights or when in heavy traffic as soon as you take your foot off the brake to pull away it doesn't creep forward but can either jump forward or stay stopped and as soon as you apply any throttle pressure the car will harshly engage drive and jump forward. Doesn't do it all the time and the only way to stop this is by moving the stick from D to N when stopping.
          There is a future in this gearbox that puts the box in neutral when standing still for some time and pressing the brake. When releasing the brake it has to engage again, this might take a small amount of time. It seems to be brake pressure depending, when I slowly release the brake it engages again before I fully release the brake. When I suddenly release it, mines also require a small amount of time before it start moving, and will do it not very smooth. Never thought of it as a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
            There is a future in this gearbox that puts the box in neutral when standing still for some time and pressing the brake. When releasing the brake it has to engage again, this might take a small amount of time. It seems to be brake pressure depending, when I slowly release the brake it engages again before I fully release the brake. When I suddenly release it, mines also require a small amount of time before it start moving, and will do it not very smooth. Never thought of it as a problem.
            Ernst, thanks for posting that, mine is much later 8sp and I had that happen once or twice, setting off the car seemed to be in neutral and rolled slightly before drive cut in, despite leaving it in D. I hadn't realised it was a feature. I always stick mine in neutral when I stop for fear of causing wear, I didn't realise the car did that anyway!

Every day is a school day!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
              Ernst, thanks for posting that, mine is much later 8sp and I had that happen once or twice, setting off the car seemed to be in neutral and rolled slightly before drive cut in, despite leaving it in D. I hadn't realised it was a feature. I always stick mine in neutral when I stop for fear of causing wear, I didn't realise the car did that anyway!

Every day is a school day!

Because of the automatic neutral selecting, there is no need to put it in neutral yourself. You could use the fuel consumption display to see this behavior as instant consumption changes a bit when it's switching to neutral (mines changes from 1.3 l/h to 1.0 l/h). And you can feel the drive being disconnected.

Comment

That also explains to me why the autostop works that way. I just thought it was pointless because I always shift to neutral which restarts the engine. What I should do is just let the car do it for me! It's my first auto so even after 18 months I'm still learning!

Comment

Working...
                X