Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexride shocks - calibration needed?

Hi all,
    I had the 'Service Suspension' message a while back and got my (trusted) garage to check it over.
    Needed one of the shocks replaced, dealers were crazy money so I got a refurbished pair with a warranty.

Fitted all OK and the message went away.

The ride since though seems pretty harsh. Not quite dead, but certainly not what I'd expect :|

Do they need calibrating or anything when going on? So I can check back with the garage

Have you replaced it with exactly the same part, checked partnumbers? There are a couple of different flexride shocks, depending on your chassis (standard, lowered, lowered sport chassis). For the back shocks there is also a different one for estate/hatchback/sedan. Could explain some difference in stiffness.

Comment

Hi, having problems getting Flexrides, where did you source yours from?

Comment

The 'service suspension' message will not have been triggered by a physical failure of the shock. The system does not recognise mechanical failures. I replaced my rear shocks due to a fluid leak due to corrosion of the piston on the near side shock. No error message. On my '12 Biturbo there is an ongoing issue with the wiring to the offside rear shock. I searched for 3 months for an alternative to OE shocks to no avail and was not prepared to buy secondhand -because its a shock. I replaced all 4 as special order from Germany-supposedly. The error will have been generated due to an electrical fault. On mine it was due to wiring failure on offside rear, the connection plugs are all ok it was due to a broken wire from the shock to the connector plug under the wheel arch. As far as I know this is the only option for replacement shocks. I may be wrong but if the flexride wiring to the shock is disconnected or 'looped' the error will disappear. If there is no difference between 'tour' and 'sport' then there is an issue. In short, I think you may have been sold a pup because the default setting on flexride is beyond harsh, its not nice or comfortable in any way. Id check the connection at the bottom of the shock first. Is it 'good' i.e. not tampered with.

Comment

Working...
        X