CD 500 Map Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD 500 Map Update

I have just bought a map update disc for my CD500. The car is a MY 2011 model. But there are no instructions as how to do it! So if someone could post an idiots guide i would be grateful

Originally posted by speed4boy View Post
    I have just bought a map update disc for my CD500. The car is a MY 2011 model. But there are no instructions as how to do it! So if someone could post an idiots guide i would be grateful
    Put the cd in follow instructions on the screen I assume. Never tried to update a prefacelift.

I think you have to save the maps to be able to eject the disc.

Comment

Its been a while since i did it on my old car but fairly sure thats what it was....shove the disk in and it will go through the process. Should give you the option to save the data rather than running from the disk.

Comment

Inserted the disc. Updated maps but didn't save so have to use the disc each time

Comment

Ok, a quick update for anyone who has to do this in the future. I have managed to save to the hard drive the UK maps.
          I went to the NAV settings to do it. You can see the maps on the disc and their storage size (e.g. Germany was about 700 mb). There is only 1.6 gb hard drive, so i only saved the GB maps. The others are still on the disc if I need to use them.
          Daft way of doing things 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by speed4boy View Post
            Ok, a quick update for anyone who has to do this in the future. I have managed to save to the hard drive the UK maps.
            I went to the NAV settings to do it. You can see the maps on the disc and their storage size (e.g. Germany was about 700 mb). There is only 1.6 gb hard drive, so i only saved the GB maps. The others are still on the disc if I need to use them.
            Daft way of doing things ��
            Was going to say, if it's the same as the DVD800, you have to go into the maps, add new maps, then it asks to delete the old ones, choose your new maps like you said as space is limited, then takes about 10mins to update. Basically doesn't do it automatically.

Comment

Working...
            X