In need of some good advice - auto electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    I know...I was messing about....Its my favourite drink. I get through a couple of 2l bottles a week.
    Have you tried the Irn Bru 1901?
    Or the special edition......crimbo ginger?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      No can't say I've tried them. Though I dont like ginger.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Maybe a daft idea but how about fitting a simple on and off switch in line with ignition to unit and like I have for parking mode a hard wire kit that has a voltage regulator 0that would drop back up power to the unit once a certain voltage is reached.

I have read most of the issue is Android it self, it never shuts down, it can't. Think about a phone, we don't completely shut the operating system down, even if never used and all services switched off the battery still goes flat. Same with a headunit in my eyes.

Another possibility is connect a decent power bank to back up supply cable, so when ignition is cut, power drops and power bank takes over. You can have the power bank connect to aux circuit so when in the car it charges.
        Use a power bank as the (only) power source. Charge the power bank from an ignition-switched feed.

There's clearly something wrong with a component that draws enough power to flatten a fairly big car battery in a day or two, so personally I wouldn't want it anywhere near my car even if it could be accommodated. If they didn't know what they were doing, it probably isn't safe, either.

Comment

No can't say I've tried them. Though I dont like ginger.
          The crimbo ginger.....is the name

In Scotland, we call things like Irn Bru, coke, lemonade - ginger.

It's a generic term up for all kinds of fizzy pop

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
            Use a power bank as the (only) power source. Charge the power bank from an ignition-switched feed.

There's clearly something wrong with a component that draws enough power to flatten a fairly big car battery in a day or two, so personally I wouldn't want it anywhere near my car even if it could be accommodated. If they didn't know what they were doing, it probably isn't safe, either.
            Nope......it's now out mate....not going back in

Comment

The crimbo ginger.....is the name

In Scotland, we call things like Irn Bru, coke, lemonade - ginger.

It's a generic term up for all kinds of fizzy pop
              Ah right.....What do you call ginger beer then?
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ah right.....What do you call ginger beer then?
                Ginger beer.....do you think we're all fecking foreign up here????

Comment

Ginger beer.....do you think we're all fecking foreign up here????
                  Yeah

Comment

Yeah
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	244721

Comment

On a side note i have found that what are ment to be switched live circuits on my 2013 facelift are in fact permanent live even the cigar lighter

Comment

£2.99 a bottle in our local corner shop for the original recipe Irn Bru. I won't be trying it at that price, I'm a fly Fifer... I can get 2 bottles of craft beer for £3.00

Andy
                        Last edited by Andyk; 18-02-2020, 06:52 PM. Reason: adding a comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
                          £2.99 a bottle in our local corner shop for the original recipe Irn Bru. I won't be trying it at that price, I'm a fly Fifer... I can get 2 bottles of craft beer for £3.00

Andy
                          It's £2 in the Spar at our place....yet you can get it as part of a meal deal in the co-op for £3.50.

And it's rotten

Comment

Andy
                            A Fifer in Doncaster eh......you Doon there educating them on how to be tight?

Comment

A Fifer in Doncaster eh......you Doon there educating them on how to be tight?
                              A Scotsman living in Yorkshire means I have thrift inbred in to all the family. I was out with my son recently on a Saturday afternoon and he said at the till ' Oh I forgot I need some money for going out tonight,. He then asked the cashier if he could have £10.00 cashback... I definitely ribbed him about that and told all his mates.

Comment

A Scotsman living in Yorkshire means I have thrift inbred in to all the family. I was out with my son recently on a Saturday afternoon and he said at the till ' Oh I forgot I need some money for going out tonight,. He then asked the cashier if he could have £10.00 cashback... I definitely ribbed him about that and told all his mates.
                                We all know a Yurkshaman who lives not that far from you in 'ULL who is that tight, he could separate the sugar from warm tea......

MattG

Comment

Working...
                                X