In need of some good advice - auto electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
    Exactly Rab---tell him that its of no use to you as it is so he can have it back and if and when they get themselves organised you will consider buying again----the unit should be under warranty anyway and you are protected by sales of goods act----if they are a decent company with decent customer service then it will show when you tell them you are returning it for a full refund-------hope this sorts itself out------Dave
    Cheers Dave

Comment

A new canbus box didn't sort my issue. I think the only reason not everyone who buys one of these units is affected is because they do a lot of daily miles that keeps the battery topped up. I do short trips and my car wasn't used at all the day before I found it had a flat battery.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        A new canbus box didn't sort my issue. I think the only reason not everyone who buys one of these units is affected is because they do a lot of daily miles that keeps the battery topped up. I do short trips and my car wasn't used at all the day before I found it had a flat battery.
        Well....I stripped everything out last night....nothing fir the android in at all.
        Charged the battery enough to kick the car over.
        Let it tick over for 10 minutes.

Left it all night.

Came home from work...1/2 a turn....car started.

Comment

At last---some good news Rab--------Dave

Comment

Maybe a daft idea but how about fitting a simple on and off switch in line with ignition to unit and like I have for parking mode a hard wire kit that has a voltage regulator 0that would drop back up power to the unit once a certain voltage is reached.

I have read most of the issue is Android it self, it never shuts down, it can't. Think about a phone, we don't completely shut the operating system down, even if never used and all services switched off the battery still goes flat. Same with a headunit in my eyes.

Another possibility is connect a decent power bank to back up supply cable, so when ignition is cut, power drops and power bank takes over. You can have the power bank connect to aux circuit so when in the car it charges.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Maybe a daft idea but how about fitting a simple on and off switch in line with ignition to unit and like I have for parking mode a hard wire kit that has a voltage regulator 0that would drop back up power to the unit once a certain voltage is reached.

I have read most of the issue is Android it self, it never shuts down, it can't. Think about a phone, we don't completely shut the operating system down, even if never used and all services switched off the battery still goes flat. Same with a headunit in my eyes.

Another possibility is connect a decent power bank to back up supply cable, so when ignition is cut, power drops and power bank takes over. You can have the power bank connect to aux circuit so when in the car it charges.
              Believe it or not Matt....I was actually thing about a kill switch......but where would I fit it?
              There's that many wires on this, it would be trial and error

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Believe it or not Matt....I was actually thing about a kill switch......but where would I fit it?
                There's that many wires on this, it would be trial and error
                A back up power bank sounds a great idea only powering unit when kill switch is activated...
                I could believe it's like spaghetti junction
                Volt test the plug after car shuts down with it fitted, then you should be able to find the constant feed.

Comment

This is more than android. You can fully charge a phone. Turn it off and a week later the battery will still be around 95%. This unit is sapping a car battery and flattening it in a couple of days. Good idea about the other stuff though. If you know what you're doing. When you popping up the Scotland to fit it for him? He'll have a haggis ready for your lunch, dfm for pudding and a nice glass or Iron brew waiting for you.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This is more than android. You can fully charge a phone. Turn it off and a week later the battery will still be around 95%. This unit is sapping a car battery and flattening it in a couple of days. Good idea about the other stuff though. If you know what you're doing. When you popping up the Scotland to fit it for him? He'll have a haggis ready for your lunch, dfm for pudding and a nice glass or Iron brew waiting for you.
                    Heeeeyyyyyyyy never mind the food, that costs money......I'll pump him for free if he fits it

Comment

If I was going I'd do it for a cuppa [emoji106]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

If I was going I'd do it for a cuppa [emoji106]
                        And pumped.....deal.

Am waiting

Comment

And it's IRN BRU

Comment

Heeeeyyyyyyyy never mind the food, that costs money......I'll pump him for free if he fits it
                            He's not another Philip Scofield is he? He hasn't been married long enough.

The point is really....You shouldn't have to do any ferking about. It should do what it's supposed to do without killing the battery. Move back to plan A and get plasma so sort you out. We'll get him to fast track you cos you're a moderator and you have access to the ban button.

Comment

He's not another Philip Scofield is he? He hasn't been married long enough.

The point is really....You shouldn't have to do any ferking about. It should do what it's supposed to do without killing the battery. Move back to plan A and get plasma so sort you out. We'll get him to fast track you cos you're a moderator and you have access to the ban button.
                              plasma is far toooooooo busy to deal with the likes of me now

Comment

And it's IRN BRU
                                I know...I was messing about....Its my favourite drink. I get through a couple of 2l bottles a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X