No announcement yet.

Dash cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll fit it tomorrow , just temporary without hiding the wiring, and get back to yas regarding the dab

Comment

Does the rear view Camera show a mirror image, like mine, or is it a normal one?
      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
        Does the rear view Camera show a mirror image, like mine, or is it a normal one?
        Can change to either on mine, also flip if you want to install camera upside-down [emoji854]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hey folks, just on the topic of Dash cam. Thought I'd share a wee story.

Two christmas-es ago, on christmas eve, I just packed up all the gear into my car and ready to set off for the family home. I pulled into a big chain supermarket to pick up last minute essentials and was on the main exit road out of the carpark when a brand spanking new, snazzy as all heck Jag SUV trollops into the passenger side front wing of my Vectra. First time I had ever experienced something like this so I'm half panicked, half in shock not knowing what was what. The guy reverses a little, pulls out and drives up a wee bit. In my head i'm thinking "Fecker is making a runner!" So I am drastically trying to remember his number plate and then he pulls into an empty parking spot. I pull in in front of him and first thing he says when he gets out of the car "I'm not accepting liability. Thats why we pay insurance. Let them battle it out...." I direct his attention to the painted yield signs on the roads joining the main road out of the carpark, he doesnt bat an eyelid. He hands me this fancy as I have ever seen in my life business card with his car details, company details (He worked for Jaguar) and his company fleet insurance.
          Now again, this is all new to me and then he hops in his car after I give him my name, number plate and phone number. Leaving me standing there half baffled thinking "what the flip???"
          To make this situation better, someone called the police cause they thought the same thing I did when it first happened, he's making a runner. So they land, see my car, astutely determine I was hit and begin to question me and I have to explain that I have everything and will contact my insurance and let them know. But they want me to come to the station so they can put in a proper report as they were informed a crime occurred. I told them no, I will just sit down now and call the insurance company and let it take its course. The fella with the insurance isn't any use, has me panicked with "And you didnt admit fault, and you were certain you were on the main route exiting. You are sure there are yield signs? This could be hard to prove... You may be in the wrong... Nothing can be certain yet...."
          I am at this point just drained cause I although I'm not hurt "i'm thinking, well what if I am hurt. What if I am wrong? Am I sure I was in the right?" My head is going 90. So I take a second, breathe and then notice the camera's in the carpark. I pop over to the security office and ask them if there is any chance I could see the footage for peace of mind. They explain they can't, legal reasons all that. But if I give them all the details of the cars, where it happened, time of day, they will make a copy of that video and should I need it, my insurance can request it via legal blah dee blah. So I go down to my car again, take full notice of the yield signs on the road, check my bodywork(Bent bumper, scrapes of paint, nothing major) and begin the hour long journey home alone with my thoughts and just sick to the teeth with worry.
          Now here is something you won't know about my family. At that time, for the 14 years previous at least one of us was working xmas day, so we all put in for xmas eve off and have dinner and the gift giving then. Well, I land in home. Explain everything to the worried mother and my Da smiling from ear to ear hands me a small xmas pressie and says "Better late than never..."

Nextbase 212 with 16gb SD card.

If I had that 2hours earlier I could have saved myself all worry, all panic, no need to explain, crappy claims people wouldn't be second guessing me, nothing. Just video footage fact.

For that reason alone, I am glad that I have one and recommend them to everyone. Peace of mind is priceless imo.

TL;DR: Get a dash cam, weighs less on your mind than it does on your wallet.
          One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalMilkMan View Post
            Hey folks, just on the topic of Dash cam. Thought I'd share a wee story.

Two christmas-es ago, on christmas eve, I just packed up all the gear into my car and ready to set off for the family home. I pulled into a big chain supermarket to pick up last minute essentials and was on the main exit road out of the carpark when a brand spanking new, snazzy as all heck Jag SUV trollops into the passenger side front wing of my Vectra. First time I had ever experienced something like this so I'm half panicked, half in shock not knowing what was what. The guy reverses a little, pulls out and drives up a wee bit. In my head i'm thinking "Fecker is making a runner!" So I am drastically trying to remember his number plate and then he pulls into an empty parking spot. I pull in in front of him and first thing he says when he gets out of the car "I'm not accepting liability. Thats why we pay insurance. Let them battle it out...." I direct his attention to the painted yield signs on the roads joining the main road out of the carpark, he doesnt bat an eyelid. He hands me this fancy as I have ever seen in my life business card with his car details, company details (He worked for Jaguar) and his company fleet insurance.
            Now again, this is all new to me and then he hops in his car after I give him my name, number plate and phone number. Leaving me standing there half baffled thinking "what the flip???"
            To make this situation better, someone called the police cause they thought the same thing I did when it first happened, he's making a runner. So they land, see my car, astutely determine I was hit and begin to question me and I have to explain that I have everything and will contact my insurance and let them know. But they want me to come to the station so they can put in a proper report as they were informed a crime occurred. I told them no, I will just sit down now and call the insurance company and let it take its course. The fella with the insurance isn't any use, has me panicked with "And you didnt admit fault, and you were certain you were on the main route exiting. You are sure there are yield signs? This could be hard to prove... You may be in the wrong... Nothing can be certain yet...."
            I am at this point just drained cause I although I'm not hurt "i'm thinking, well what if I am hurt. What if I am wrong? Am I sure I was in the right?" My head is going 90. So I take a second, breathe and then notice the camera's in the carpark. I pop over to the security office and ask them if there is any chance I could see the footage for peace of mind. They explain they can't, legal reasons all that. But if I give them all the details of the cars, where it happened, time of day, they will make a copy of that video and should I need it, my insurance can request it via legal blah dee blah. So I go down to my car again, take full notice of the yield signs on the road, check my bodywork(Bent bumper, scrapes of paint, nothing major) and begin the hour long journey home alone with my thoughts and just sick to the teeth with worry.
            Now here is something you won't know about my family. At that time, for the 14 years previous at least one of us was working xmas day, so we all put in for xmas eve off and have dinner and the gift giving then. Well, I land in home. Explain everything to the worried mother and my Da smiling from ear to ear hands me a small xmas pressie and says "Better late than never..."

Nextbase 212 with 16gb SD card.

If I had that 2hours earlier I could have saved myself all worry, all panic, no need to explain, crappy claims people wouldn't be second guessing me, nothing. Just video footage fact.

For that reason alone, I am glad that I have one and recommend them to everyone. Peace of mind is priceless imo.

TL;DR: Get a dash cam, weighs less on your mind than it does on your wallet.
            Forgot to mention, the security cam showed that I was at a full stop when the Jag hit my Vectra, so after my insurance company contacted his when they knew there was video footage, I got a letter from his insurance offering to cover all costs to repair. Nice....
            One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

Fitted rear cam today, very pleased with it

The dab signal has no issues , been on a 40 mile round trip using various stations

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post

The dab signal has no issues , been on a 40 mile round trip using various stations

You will lose a lot at night and when it's really sunny in the quality.

You might find dab stutters in the cold when demister is on.

Looks good [emoji106]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post

Kel,get that bloody evans Halshaw sticker off the back screen
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ano I should Dave, all the bloody sh1te I had with them when I first bought the car

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      You will lose a lot at night and when it's really sunny in the quality.

You might find dab stutters in the cold when demister is on.

Looks good [emoji106]
                      away Mattg give a bloke a slap on the back ffs, ive got no problems at all with the camera

bet ya the first , to invite to a party

Comment

Glad to hear you had no probs with dab reception. Camera looks good, I opted for the modular rear view camera that views through the back screen, so far so good.
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Been having a play with dash cam in the van,very happy with the quality,need to get the hardwire into the Insignia and fit the 'stick on' mount.Will keep the 'suction' mount in the van.Need to think about the rear cam purchase.
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                            Glad to hear you had no probs with dab reception. Camera looks good, I opted for the modular rear view camera that views through the back screen, so far so good.
                            Do you mean this one? I have both but this is what I'm using in the Insignia and works quite well.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	l_10191595_007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	244860

Comment

Yup, that's the one. I was concerned at first that rear passengers' heads would obstruct the view, but providing there isn't someone sitting centrally it's fine.
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yep,that's the one.
                                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X