My 2011 SRI CDTI S/S Ecoflex 160.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathMetalMilkMan View Post
    Set aside 30 mins to fit the new bulbs today, you fellas must have tiny hands. My thumbs can get anywhere near those inserts. Managed to get the back cover off but couldn't get the wiring out to swap out the bulb. Will have to attempt tomorrow morning. Will bring a pair of tweezers.
    There a fiddle job alright. I used a long nose pliers and a small flat screwdriver to pry it out, very gently tho as the clips will break. A few f@@@s were thrown about but got there in the end! Patience is a virtue with them!!!

Comment

I used a small child.......but he is growing up fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        I used a small child.......but he is growing up fast!
        Oh no, how you going to sweep your chimney then?
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          Oh no, how you going to sweep your chimney then?
          Bought a wire haired Jack Russell

Comment

Very nice car mate

Comment

Nice car, my Dad has pentas too look good
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

So, wee update: Fitted puddle lights into the doors, did them the wrong way though so they are wonky, will need to resit them in the correct doors. I only noticed at night that they were wonky.

Oh, and in my eternal struggle with the daytime running lights, I cannot get those little awkward gits out to put the new LEDS in so they have been put on the back burner till I can get a small handed mate to lend a hand.

Also, anyone have any idea what could be causing this buildup of muck and silt on the passenger side under the bonnet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_173104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	244999

Its nowhere near as dirty on the drivers side.

Name:	IMG_20200314_173111.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	245000
                One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

The drls: if you fancy a road trip to the beach in enniscrone today (beautiful day and a good excuse) I will swap them for you, I done mine pretty much no bother.
                  The dirt build up: I wonder could it be flying up from inside the wheel arch from your wheel? Maybe check around the inside of the arch for any gaps or cracks in the lining, could be a cause of it maybe [emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
                    The drls: if you fancy a road trip to the beach in enniscrone today (beautiful day and a good excuse) I will swap them for you, I done mine pretty much no bother.
                    The dirt build up: I wonder could it be flying up from inside the wheel arch from your wheel? Maybe check around the inside of the arch for any gaps or cracks in the lining, could be a cause of it maybe [emoji848]
                    Howdy Brian, sorry for the late reply. Nah, not with the self Isolation will any wee trips be happening. Finally left the house today and all I did was wash the car and take a wee 30 minute drive to make sure the battery is all good and its been run for a bit. Thought I would get a few pics for the POTM comp but I am a couple hours late. Ah well, will enter it next month.

Name:	Untitled design.jpg
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	245101
                    One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

Howdy Brian, sorry for the late reply. Nah, not with the self Isolation will any wee trips be happening. Finally left the house today and all I did was wash the car and take a wee 30 minute drive to make sure the battery is all good and its been run for a bit. Thought I would get a few pics for the POTM comp but I am a couple hours late. Ah well, will enter it next month.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4511[/ATTACH]
                      That’s sound. Best to be safe, when I posted that, the whole isolation wasn’t as serious as it at this point. Where do you enter POTM?

Comment

So, wee update: Fitted puddle lights into the doors, did them the wrong way though so they are wonky, will need to resit them in the correct doors. I only noticed at night that they were wonky.

Oh, and in my eternal struggle with the daytime running lights, I cannot get those little awkward gits out to put the new LEDS in so they have been put on the back burner till I can get a small handed mate to lend a hand.

Also, anyone have any idea what could be causing this buildup of muck and silt on the passenger side under the bonnet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4357[/ATTACH]

Its nowhere near as dirty on the drivers side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4358[/ATTACH]
                        Mine never got that dirty. Is the undertray missing from under the engine?

Comment

Wee update; got a few bits ordered and the all important Haynes manual is among them. Nothing major, though I have been looking more and more at the aftermarket grills. Some of them are damn good looking but I haven't been looking at the Irmscher, I don't have that kind of cash knocking about sadly. Any the ways, will post pics and updates as they come along.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            Mine never got that dirty. Is the undertray missing from under the engine?
                            Sorry Drew, I am just seeing this now. Sorry about that. Turns out that the liner under the passenger side front arch is all kinds of muddled up so I need to see if I can get time to take it off and put it back on properly. Thats where all the spray and silt is getting up from.

Comment

Sorry Drew, I am just seeing this now. Sorry about that. Turns out that the liner under the passenger side front arch is all kinds of muddled up so I need to see if I can get time to take it off and put it back on properly. Thats where all the spray and silt is getting up from.
                              That's OK. Glad you've found it and can get it fixed.

Comment

So a few wee parts landed today, hopefully will get them fitted this weekend if I get the chance. Taking inspiration from Jakxta and his guide on how to do it, I'm going to see if I can fit a background on my rear badge. Just a little 3bit of carbon fibre wrap to add details. Currently looking to get hold of a set of 20 inch five spokes but may not pounce on them just yet. They have been damaged in the past and I'm waiting on a few opinions before I jump at the chance.

Anyhow, a wee pic I took after washing the car on Sunday. If course it started to rain just as I was about to wax it so I left it. Still looks pretty though.

Name:	IMG_20200410_184016.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	246647

Comment

Working...
                                X