Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Insignia

Hi Folks

Bought a 2012 plate Insignia a couple of weeks ago. Basic model, but pretty pleased with it so far. Bought it mainly for size and economy, having been driving a 330i for the past few years, which was a great car, but I was never out of the petrol station! Done the turbo boost solenoid and need to replace thermostat.

Based near Deal in Kent. Could do with some assistance with a new head unit if anybody has a little time to assist?

Cheers
    Chris

Welcome mate. You'll miss the pull of that 330.

You've come to the best place for advice. Someone with headunit knowledge will be along shortly no doubt.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Hello and welcome----pictures of the car are a must--otherwise we don't believe you ------Dave

Comment

Weclome

Glad to see your name's not Dave.

Hopefully you don't have black wheels
        Last edited by PeteH; 26-02-2020, 04:47 PM. Reason: Weclome = ancient Scottish greeting :)

Comment

Hi,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome Chuffi, you have come to the best place for everything Insignia!

Comment

Welcome Chuffi, to the friendliest forum on t'interweb

Don't be shy with those photos!
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hello and welcome to the best forum on the planet, also the best place for banter...
                  Black wheels are a must

Comment

Welcome to the group hope u bought the 160 cdti at least or you will be buying another 330i very soon

Comment

Lol. Got the standard 128 Sri. Yup, will miss the 330i for the overtaking power, but that’s slow compared to my old Chimaera 500 😂. At this point, I just need something reliable and economical tbh and the Insignia fitted the bill. Just need to get the ICE sorted though, stock head isn’t great 🙂

Comment

I use rca's in mine so i can run subwoofers i dont want to lose the nav and features and i like all the buttons on the dash (big kid really) So an after market unit for me is out of the question. Even my new build which i havnt spoken about yet will consist of 10 mids in the doors plus 4 tweeters and 2 x 15s in the rear i still wont be losing my oem head unit

Comment

The 128 can be mapped to 160 with ease at least it wont hesitate when overtaking

Comment

,Welcome
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome
                              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                              X