No announcement yet.

Nasty noise on cdti when first starting on really cold days and Oil change help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty noise on cdti when first starting on really cold days and Oil change help

Not a great help to you but mine is doing exactly the same thing. Just been serviced so it has new oil.

Spoke to the dealer and he said "oh, well my Astra does that as well" Great help!

Not a great help to you but mine is doing exactly the same thing. Just been serviced so it has new oil.

Spoke to the dealer and he said "oh, well my Astra does that as well" Great help!

Comment

Diesel knock is normal when it is cold outside, if it is knocking when the engine is warm then you have a problem
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Diesel knock is normal when it is cold outside, if it is knocking when the engine is warm then you have a problem
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Guys I think I have the same noise. I found the noise stops if you turn off the automatic heated rear windscreen which comes on when it reaches a certain temp.

Think I'm going to go into vaux and ask them if they can check it out

Comment

Guys I think I have the same noise. I found the noise stops if you turn off the automatic heated rear windscreen which comes on when it reaches a certain temp.

Think I'm going to go into vaux and ask them if they can check it out

Comment

I've not had it since last week and it was -2 when I started the car this morning.

Even though it goes in next week I, worried that they won't be able to repeat the issue and charge me for linking it to the diagnostics

Comment

I've not had it since last week and it was -2 when I started the car this morning.

Even though it goes in next week I, worried that they won't be able to repeat the issue and charge me for linking it to the diagnostics

Comment

I've been trying to get a sound recording of it - but it never does it when I'm ready!

Comment

I've been trying to get a sound recording of it - but it never does it when I'm ready!

Comment

Same here

Comment

Same here

Comment

For an update with mine, yes they agree that there is a slight noise on startup, however they are unable to locate what it is so I have got the car back.

If it gets worse then I will go back, I also know that it's on record that it's been in and if in the future it causes problems then I will go back even out of warrenty

Comment

For an update with mine, yes they agree that there is a slight noise on startup, however they are unable to locate what it is so I have got the car back.

If it gets worse then I will go back, I also know that it's on record that it's been in and if in the future it causes problems then I will go back even out of warrenty

Comment

This is definitely a common issue,

Comment

Working...
                              X