Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Ingress O/S Passenger Footwell

Good evening all,
    I have searched the forum and read the threads re this problem, and have checked the door bungs, which I don't have fitted, the mat behind the drivers seat is absolutely sodden, I have checked the door seals, all looks well, checked the bungs under the sills, again all ok, boot is completely dry, have checked the tailgate seal, all seems ok there too, stumped now, I was thinking about the aircon drainage pipe but due to the weather I am now sure its rainwater ingress, had it nearly dry a few weeks ago, and with this latest batch of rain i'm back to a wet floor without the car being moved.
    Anymore advice is welcome.
    Thanks in advance

Just thought I'd update on this thread, think I have sorted the problem!!! fingers crossed!! today I stripped the rear boot out, and poured water over the rear of the car!! and yep as in previous threads on this topic, I had a little vein of water coming from the rear O/S light cluster, running down the right side of the boot, I removed the light, cleaned the area around the rear of where the light sits and used a little Silicon to seal any gaps, seems to have sorted the problem.
    Just couldn't understand how the water managed to get into the passenger footwell without making the boot wet!! just glad I checked this before I stripped the drivers seat out and lifted the carpet!!
    Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Comment

Ok so after the heavy rain this week, the footwell was still very wet and didn't seem to be getting better, in fact it was getting worse!! so this morning emptied the boot out again, off with the trim and yep was still leaking a little ………. ! light off again! think I may have sorted it …….. the little gromit that the light cluster pushes into ………… just silicone it all up, and now waiting for it to dry!!!so keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robmetaxa View Post
        Ok so after the heavy rain this week, the footwell was still very wet and didn't seem to be getting better, in fact it was getting worse!! so this morning emptied the boot out again, off with the trim and yep was still leaking a little ………. ! light off again! think I may have sorted it …….. the little gromit that the light cluster pushes into ………… just silicone it all up, and now waiting for it to dry!!!so keep your fingers crossed!!!!
        Have you tried the vents on the rear inner wings mate?
        I know these are prone to letting in water.

Comment

Yeh, did have a look at that, doesn't seem to be coming from that, did try and get it out, pushed it back but couldn't get it out, any ideas??

Comment

Yeh, did have a look at that, doesn't seem to be coming from that, did try and get it out, pushed it back but couldn't get it out, any ideas??
            Most members dry it off, if wet....then smear it in silicon.

Have you checked the roof line.
            Seal under aerial?
            Also the black trim that's under the tip of the roof/hatch.
            Sometimes water can get through the grommets.

Comment

Yeh doesn't seem to be coming from up there, roof liner isn't wet, no dripping have had a good look, just seems to be coming in right next to that vent, gathering in that tight space between the skins then running down the side of the boot towards the footwell! have just silicone all around that vent!

Comment

Yeh doesn't seem to be coming from up there, roof liner isn't wet, no dripping have had a good look, just seems to be coming in right next to that vent, gathering in that tight space between the skins then running down the side of the boot towards the footwell! have just silicone all around that vent!
                Keep us updated buddy

Comment

There is a little hole behind the drivers side rear bumper bracket, which the factory put a round sticker over rather than a bung....the sticker comes off after a while and water leaks there and runs behind the metal trim in the boot and under the back seat and can get into the foootwell.

It's an utter pain to get to though, and involves removing the rear bumper, and drilling the rivets out on the bumper bracket to remove it.....then cover/fill the hole, re-rivet the bracket and re-fit the bumper.....i had water coming in there on my previous Insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                    There is a little hole behind the drivers side rear bumper bracket, which the factory put a round sticker over rather than a bung....the sticker comes off after a while and water leaks there and runs behind the metal trim in the boot and under the back seat and can get into the foootwell.

It's an utter pain to get to though, and involves removing the rear bumper, and drilling the rivets out on the bumper bracket to remove it.....then cover/fill the hole, re-rivet the bracket and re-fit the bumper.....i had water coming in there on my previous Insignia.
                    where have you been hiding Paul ?
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Right....try this buddy.

Remove the N/S rear light cluster.
                      The top locating pin in the cluster goes into body....there should be a guide to sit the pin into.

When cleaning my car yesterday, I seen my rear floor wet.
                      I've tried all the known places and it's all dry.
                      Came out this morning after torrential rain last night and the boot floor is wet again......I dried it all yesterday.

I've removed the light and seen the guide is missing.

Here.....
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200308_120736909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	244898
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200308_120733203.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	244899

I've cut a piece of foam and put it into the pin on the cluster....fitted it and poured water down over the lights.....dry....nothing coming in the corner of the boot now.

It's maybe worth you having a look at the same bit buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        Right....try this buddy.

Remove the N/S rear light cluster.
                        The top locating pin in the cluster goes into body....there should be a guide to sit the pin into.

When cleaning my car yesterday, I seen my rear floor wet.
                        I've tried all the known places and it's all dry.
                        Came out this morning after torrential rain last night and the boot floor is wet again......I dried it all yesterday.

I've removed the light and seen the guide is missing.

Here.....
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4221[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4222[/ATTACH]

I've cut a piece of foam and put it into the pin on the cluster....fitted it and poured water down over the lights.....dry....nothing coming in the corner of the boot now.

It's maybe worth you having a look at the same bit buddy.
                        Maybe change foam to rubber or some sealant. The foam will hold water then eventually leak out again.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Maybe change foam to rubber or some sealant. The foam will hold water then eventually leak out again.
                          Temporary fix Matt.
                          Gonna get the proper fitting.
                          Just back from the scrappies as well.....thead

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            Temporary fix Matt.
                            Gonna get the proper fitting.
                            Just back from the scrappies as well.....thead
                            Well would be interesting to know part number, mine was there but still leaked.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                              Well would be interesting to know part number, mine was there but still leaked.
                              Will pass it on when I get one

Comment

Working...
                              X