No announcement yet.

Water Ingress O/S Passenger Footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes would love that part number, really think this is my problem, I have put sealant all around the gromet, but it still leaks, thanks.

Comment

Thanks Matt, still have my gromet in place, but as said think its worn or damaged!

Comment

Originally posted by Robmetaxa View Post
        Thanks Matt, still have my gromet in place, but as said think its worn or damaged!
        Also check the boot vents. Sealed mine 2 well I think, getting condensation on boot floor now, nothing like it was, just a few droplets.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

its definitely coming from this on mine....as when you look through the hole, you can see right down through the double skin to the vent.

after I refitted the light, I put the hose onto trickle and sat it over the light…..nothing going in.

hopefully mines is solved

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            its definitely coming from this on mine....as when you look through the hole, you can see right down through the double skin to the vent.

after I refitted the light, I put the hose onto trickle and sat it over the light…..nothing going in.

hopefully mines is solved
            Becoming very common issue regardless of how the car is looked after.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Becoming very common issue regardless of how the car is looked after.

yep...……..pity.

only other option is, cut of the locating pin and seal the hole completely

Comment

Mmmm really, mine could be this!!
                Have sealed everything else up!!!
                Ta

Comment

Mmmm really, mine could be this!!
                  Have sealed everything else up!!!
                  Ta
                  Well....I've no water in my boot and we've had torrential storms the last few days.

Part number for the rear lamp retainer is.......

MattG

Comment

Excellent thanks Matt,
                    I'm still wringing out the towels I have under my drivers seat, but the carpet is defo not as wet! Must have had an obscene amount of water trapped!!
                    Still think I may have that hole by the bumper bracket as mentioned earlier in this thread, causing some of the water ingress!
                    Thanks again for that part number will order a couple....

Comment

Excellent thanks Matt,
                      I'm still wringing out the towels I have under my drivers seat, but the carpet is defo not as wet! Must have had an obscene amount of water trapped!!
                      Still think I may have that hole by the bumper bracket as mentioned earlier in this thread, causing some of the water ingress!
                      Thanks again for that part number will order a couple....
                      Thanks to Rab [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                        There is a little hole behind the drivers side rear bumper bracket, which the factory put a round sticker over rather than a bung....the sticker comes off after a while and water leaks there and runs behind the metal trim in the boot and under the back seat and can get into the foootwell.

It's an utter pain to get to though, and involves removing the rear bumper, and drilling the rivets out on the bumper bracket to remove it.....then cover/fill the hole, re-rivet the bracket and re-fit the bumper.....i had water coming in there on my previous Insignia.
                        missed you Paul Not in the dodgy way

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                          missed you Paul Not in the dodgy way
                          haha cheers Ray

Comment

haha cheers Ray
                            Welcome back MOV....where you been....I've seen you posting on the fb page but you've been quiet on here....I hope no one had upset you!
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              Welcome back MOV....where you been....I've seen you posting on the fb page but you've been quiet on here....I hope no one had upset you!
                              No mate, i just don't get as much online time as i used to, i post on the fb page on my phone...i'm not keen on forums on my phone.

Comment

No mate, i just don't get as much online time as i used to, i post on the fb page on my phone...i'm not keen on forums on my phone.
                                Ok good to see you still around anyway!
                                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                                X