No announcement yet.

Water Ingress O/S Passenger Footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just an update on this...……………..I got a couple of these retaining clips from the scrappies.
    drivers side was already in place so I fitted the one on the passengers side.

so no more water in the boot.

looks like ive sorted my issue...…..

Comment

What sealant do you use on these oblong covers under the top of that boot cover. After seeing this, found where the waters getting in on mine. Any good waterproof sealant.
      Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
      So far...

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
        What sealant do you use on these oblong covers under the top of that boot cover. After seeing this, found where the waters getting in on mine. Any good waterproof sealant.
        any waterproof silicon sealer would do

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply ��.
          Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
          So far...

Comment

Get hold of a smoke machine and pit it inside the car and close up once the smoke fills the car any leaks will be visable, had to do this on my old vectra b turn out to be door seals

Comment

Firstly, excuse the massive thread resurrection. I have had water in my O/S rear footwell and in the spare wheel well in the boot and I found this in my quest for clues.
              Originally I thought it was water getting in under the plastic trim above the seal at the top of the boot, as I've seen vids of two plastic caps underneath that which have no proper lasting seal, but after removing that I found that VX seem to have cured that problem on later Insignias by apparently covering them in weld with no obvious way of separating them. I had a look at my light cluster, which must have been removed when I had a bumper repair some time back, and I discovered that when the light had been replaced the plastic lug hadn't been pushed centrally into the grommet but had instead gone between the grommet and the bodywork, creating a small hole for water to run into. I've now rectified this - hopefully - but there's still residual water in the footwell. I have used towels to absorb what I can, but pushing down hard on the carpet gives that squelchy sound which I assume is soggy noise-dampening material underneath, so can anyone suggest a way of getting this dry which doesn't involve taking seats, trim and carpet out?
              TIA.

Comment

Took me a while, and prayed for warm weather, but eventually got mine dry with just wringing out those towels, if you stick your hand under the drivers seat and behind that ridge, lots of water gathers there, just left dry towels to soak it up and wrang them out daily!

Comment

Working...
                X