Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking nut location 18 plate Insignia

Hi folks,

New member with a probably daft question - I have an 18 plate Insignia. I've just realised I have no idea where the locking nuts are and no mention of them in the manual. Anyone know if there is a standard place for them to be stored? The alternative is I wasn't given them when I left the dealer as I've never had to use them - and there's no way I'd have taken them out of the car for any other reason.

Hi, go introduce yourself here https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions and have a read of this https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-(please-read)

The locking nuts should already be on the wheels and the wheel nut key should be in the boot with your spare wheel or with the inflation kits which ever you have.
    Last edited by marko301; 27-02-2020, 06:55 PM.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated!

Comment

If you would like to let us know who you are and maybe some pictures would be nice and them there are plenty of people on here who will help you out with this question and the many others you have in the future--------Dave

Comment

I've noticed you don't get the 4 spare nuts now....

Comment

I think the 4 nuts are what had been removed when locking ones fitted. If you have checked where spare would be, check any opening apertures in boot such as access holes for changing bulbs failing that armrest or glove box.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
              I've noticed you don't get the 4 spare nuts now....
              Yeah that's right. I didn't get any. It's usually a black box with the normal nuts in and the locking wheel nut key. All I got this time was a little bag with a card in and the locking wheel nut key.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Yeah that's right. I didn't get any. It's usually a black box with the normal nuts in and the locking wheel nut key. All I got this time was a little bag with a card in and the locking wheel nut key.
                yep,... mine's the same

Comment

Mine too - next to the plastic fuel filler adaptor needed if filling from a fuel can.

Comment

Working...
                  X