X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra gsi MK4 2003. (eBay)

Only like the blue or red ones

Comment

I coudn't get on with the interior of that...................it's far too blurry
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
        I was interested in getting one of these a while back, unfortunately the kids turned up before that and so not the most practical . Had a few and I do like Astras because they're like go karts.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
          I was interested in getting one of these a while back, unfortunately the kids turned up before that and so not the most practical . Had a few and I do like Astras because they're like go karts.
          I've had a few of these, not to bad so they are

Comment

The problem with all these new hatches now are that they all got a bit porky

Comment

I've been saying that for age's, thats why I love my wee car

Comment

I've been saying that for age's, thats why I love my wee car
                Yeah, I would love something lightweight as a second car again for a bit of fun but we now need bigger cars......still can't believe those days are gone Well, for now anyway

Comment

Yeah, I would love something lightweight as a second car again for a bit of fun but we now need bigger cars......still can't believe those days are gone Well, for now anyway
                  Think the gsi could go on classic insurance?

Comment

Just checked think it's 20yrs for insurance

Comment

Just checked think it's 20yrs for insurance
                      Few years short, like the my Vectra . My Calibra would qualify but needs some tlc and isn't as small and fun

Comment

Few years short, like the my Vectra . My Calibra would qualify but needs some tlc and isn't as small and fun
                        I do like a calibra, though I've never owned one I have driven a few, very similar to the cavvy but bags more style.
                        What's up with your calibra mate?
                        Last edited by Alex421; 29-02-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I do like a calibra, though I've never owned one I have driven a few, very similar to the cavvy but bags more style.
                          What's up with your calibra mate?
                          Well, put it this way. The same reason as I said earlier, I parked it up when we were expecting our second born. I loved the car(didn't have a second car) but since it's only a four seater and two doors and now having three young kids it would be impractical and was doing my back in getting just the one in and out at the time. Admittedly, it's been stood for about 9 years and there's nothing worse than a car that's not being used, there inevitably be some things to look at when/if I ever get it done and use it one day when they're older....that's the hope anyway

Comment

Well, put it this way. The same reason as I said earlier, I parked it up when we were expecting our second born. I loved the car(didn't have a second car) but since it's only a four seater and two doors and now having three young kids it would be impractical and was doing my back in getting just the one in and out at the time. Admittedly, it's been stood for about 9 years and there's nothing worse than a car that's not being used, there inevitably be some things to look at when/if I ever get it done and use it one day when they're older....that's the hope anyway
                            On the positive side though you've still got it, by the sounds of it you care enough to see though a restoration when time suits.
                            Do you turn the engine over occasionally?
                            Rust was a killer of any 90s VX, how's the bodywork?

Comment

On the positive side though you've still got it, by the sounds of it you care enough to see though a restoration when time suits.
                              Do you turn the engine over occasionally?
                              Rust was a killer of any 90s VX, how's the bodywork?
                              Yeah, I let it pur for about 30mins every so often. As it's a 95, luckily the later ones were part galvanized and some improved techniques were used with the bodywork and you can tell. It has a few spots here and there but nothing that can't easily be sorted. Other things I know will need looking at is most likely springs and brake lines, actually most of the brake system, however I've already replaced some of it with copper pipe before. Inside, only need to sort the headlining, as that's dropped and on the engine I need to look at the valve stem seals, they were common but there's actually a story in that I'm a bit peed about

Comment

Working...
                              X