Anybody used this product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody used this product?

Hello, just looking to top up on my car cleaning stuff.........
    usually I go for meguires products or an independent Scottish company called “Absolute Valeting” they produce there own polish’s etc.

In my local Mr Price shop here in Ireland though there is car cleaning products by ‘Auto Extreme’ see picture attached.

Just wondering if it’s any good? I like to buy good quality stuff but when you see it at this price it’s might be worth buying just to try it out?

Any one have any experiences with this stuff?

Thanks.

I've not heard of them, quick search on Google doesn't bring anything up for the company itself either.
    At a guess it's probably a company rebranded, which one? Your guess is as good as mine.
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
      I've not heard of them, quick search on Google doesn't bring anything up for the company itself either.
      At a guess it's probably a company rebranded, which one? Your guess is as good as mine.
      Yeah I had a look to , not much about them!!!

Seen a review for the purple wheel cleaner. 6 x 1star reviews saying it’s shite so I think I’ll stick to the good stuff for the extra few quid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
        usually I go for meguires products or an independent Scottish company called “Absolute Valeting” they produce there own polish’s etc.
        I reckon it's RBH rebottling Aldi Magnum and reselling it
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Lol could be
          siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            I reckon it's RBH rebottling Aldi Magnum and reselling it
            Too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
              Hello, just looking to top up on my car cleaning stuff.........

In my local Mr Price shop here in Ireland though there is car cleaning products by ‘Auto Extreme’ see picture attached.

Just wondering if it’s any good? I like to buy good quality stuff but when you see it at this price it’s might be worth buying just to try it out?

Any one have any experiences with this stuff?

Thanks.
              From reviews iv seen would do better using just water [emoji23]

Some videos on you tube, poundshop stuff, people selling on ebay for x5 the price [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I tried the wheel cleaner and tyre dressing, just because it was on a 2 for 1 offer. I can honestly say its rubbish!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  I tried the wheel cleaner and tyre dressing, just because it was on a 2 for 1 offer. I can honestly say its rubbish!
                  Yep, I stayed clear of it yesterday when I was in the shop after seeing some awful reviews of it........

Comment

yeah....unfortunatley i've used 3 of them

bleeding wheels = coloured water spray
                    dash cleaner = scented water
                    glass cleaner = threw out in temper

they were £1 each......

went back to meguirs and auto glym

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post

they were £1 each......

It’s the only way........ Meguirs stuff is pricey enough but well worth paying the extra! There endurance Tyre gel is bloody great stuff.

Comment

they were £1 each......

Brilliant

Comment

If you are buying the meg's stuff from Halford's then I'd recommend the Autoglym stuff over meg's.
                          C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

i quite like a range of stuff from Autoglym
                            Magma, ultra deep shine, fast glass, super resin polish, extra gloss protection, trim and rubber gel and wheel cleaner i usually stock up on when they have a sale.

yeah - megs tyre gel is brill and lasts longer than others i've tried.

i've tried the car gods stuff and wasnt keen, the mclaren range is a tad more expensive so i'll stick to what i know works for me.

i'm not one for spending £10 on a brush but i find round paint brushes from DIY stores do the same job, and some of the cheaper clay bars and towels on amazon are just as good.

Comment

i quite like a range of stuff from Autoglym
                              Magma, ultra deep shine, fast glass, super resin polish, extra gloss protection and wheel cleaner i usually stock up on when they have a sale.

i've tried the car gods stuff and wasnt keen, the mclaren range is a tad more expensive so i'll stick to what i know works for me.

i'm not one for spending £10 on a brush but i find round paint brushes from DIY stores do the same job, and some of the cheaper clay bars and towels on amazon are just as good.
                              I tend to go for Meguiars if I can. Always used it, got an autoglym pack once for Xmas and it was good but I found the megs stuff easier to work with but as for a liquid polish, absolute valeting immense is the best way to go in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X