Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
    It is handy but I've toyed with the idea too, it just looks out of place.
    But,then again ,the grommet looks out of place too,imo
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      But,then again ,the grommet looks out of place too,imo
      That's why I haven't done it yet, between a rock and a hard place. Can't decide...

Comment

I agree theyre like a piece of scaffolding stuck on the rear hatch. I never use mine,but dislike the look of the grommet too
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          I agree theyre like a piece of scaffolding stuck on the rear hatch. I never use mine,but dislike the look of the grommet too
          It was this picture that made me think about it....maybe if it sat a bit lower, I could overlook the issue but....
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190806_144046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	245014

Comment

Found the perfect solution......

Name:	Auto-Car-styling-Hot-Cartoon-Funny-Spotted-dog-Moving-Tail-sticker-Stickers-Reflective-Car-Windo.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	245015

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
              Whoever said put this vectra rear wiper on a grandsport wants its ramming up there arse [emoji1360]

No idea what you mean!! I was miffed both my Gradnsports had no rear wiper, but rather pleased they didn't/don't - much prefer without and don't miss it either. The Vectra rear wiper was a neat horizonal one - quite small with no gangly long arm - even the insignia A isn't bad, ... but the Grandsport one is too long, and to add insult to injury, the washer nozzle is off centre! OCD nightmare.
              Attached Files

Comment

I quite like the little rear wiper on my tourer... not my car by the way!!

Name:	10-vauxhall-insignia-sports-tourer-gsi-review-rear-end.jpg
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	245019

...but this hatchback i'm in currently not only does it look pants it doesnt work very well or at least the one i have it doesnt. Unless the window is very wet it squeaks and if you use the washer it all comes out just after the wiper has gone past so it just comes back and pushes it all off the side of the car instead. The only way to get it actually be used on the window is to keep squirting water out in the hope you time it right or replicate the niagra falls and empty the washer bottle so the wiper collects some on a pass at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                  What did you do with the motor for the wiper? Just unplug it?
                  Yeah mate just removed the whole motor too, not too bad a job, the worst bit is pulling the wiper off once the bolts undone, it's well gripped on, had to use a hammer to loosen it
                  2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                  honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                    I quite like the little rear wiper on my tourer... not my car by the way!!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4391[/ATTACH]

...but this hatchback i'm in currently not only does it look pants it doesnt work very well or at least the one i have it doesnt. Unless the window is very wet it squeaks and if you use the washer it all comes out just after the wiper has gone past so it just comes back and pushes it all off the side of the car instead. The only way to get it actually be used on the window is to keep squirting water out in the hope you time it right or replicate the niagra falls and empty the washer bottle so the wiper collects some on a pass at some point.
                    Now mine has no wiper I've angled my washer out a bit more, pretty funny when someone is tailgating to squirt their car, soon makes them stop haha
                    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                      Now mine has no wiper I've angled my washer out a bit more, pretty funny when someone is tailgating to squirt their car, soon makes them stop haha
                      Be interesting to fit another washer bottle just for the rear wiper and fill it with something more fun than water to squirt at folk too close!!

Comment

This geezer made a decent enough video showing you how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy95 View Post
                          This geezer made a decent enough video showing you how to do it
                          Nice one for that, unfortunately i cant find a screw blanking plug on the bay, have you managed to find one?

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36mm-Blan...4383.l4275.c10 pretty sure you can get colour coded spray paint from eurocarparts aswell

Comment

Does anyone know of a plug that isn't domed. Wanna make mine a flush as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevolution View Post
                                Does anyone know of a plug that isn't domed. Wanna make mine a flush as possible.
                                If it was flat, it would be too thin and flimsy

Comment

Working...
                                X