Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper

Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper altogether? It just looks a bit odd on the back of the car and was thinking of what it would look like without one. Any pics of anyone who has done it? Thnaks

Jakxta

im sure he's done this

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
      Has anyone got rid of the rear wiper altogether? It just looks a bit odd on the back of the car and was thinking of what it would look like without one. Any pics of anyone who has done it? Thnaks
      Yeah I've done it, looks a lot better in my opinion
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200202_162417.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	244853
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Yeah does look good m8..gonna pull it off one day and have a look...cheers

Comment

I love the rear wiper it does a fantastic job.
          I had a saloon for a short while hate the fact no wiper and its p*ssing it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
            The saloons didn't have them,
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-11167-opel-insignia1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	244871Click image for larger version

Name:	insignia1_1000898c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	244872

If that helps? I like to see who is behind me though!

Comment

Whoever said put this vectra rear wiper on a grandsport wants its ramming up there arse [emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                Whoever said put this vectra rear wiper on a grandsport wants its ramming up there arse [emoji1360]

Philip Schofield

Comment

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Want to do mine too, much cleaner look.

Comment

check out the web page "Kill all wipers" you'll get the kit from there pal, it's only really the bung, but there's load of pics there to
                      2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                      Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                        Yeah I've done it, looks a lot better in my opinion
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4163[/ATTACH]
                        What did you do with the motor for the wiper? Just unplug it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                          What did you do with the motor for the wiper? Just unplug it?
                          I think you have to remove the motor completely. I would imagine the shaft sticking through the hole,after wiper blade arm removal
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            I think you have to remove the motor completely. I would imagine the shaft sticking through the hole,after wiper blade arm removal
                            Ahh yea good point! Then all you would need is a gromit to cover the hole. Cool

Comment

It is handy but I've toyed with the idea too, it just looks out of place.

Comment

Working...
                              X