Notchy gear changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notchy gear changes

The gear changes on my m32 gearbox have become quite notchy recently, especially going from 1st to 2nd and sometimes into 3rd. There is what can only be described as a “clunk” sometimes going between 1st 2nd and 3rd, It never happens with any other gears. I had a genuine clutch and fly wheel changed around 2000 miles ago, I have also reset the linkage this week on the gearbox and symptoms are still the same. The car has covered 33k, is this just the nature of this gearbox or am I looking at getting the box rebuilt? Was going to do a fluid change on the gearbox next week to see of it helps. Has anyone got the same problems with their m32 gearbox or cured these problems?

Have a look at this, it gives you the info I think you're looking for.

I had my M32 gearbox bearings replaced, at a much higher mileage than yours had done, to get rid of the whine I was experiencing. I must admit I have the crunching when going from 1st to 2nd & the bearing replacement & fluid change have not made any difference. I also get stiff side to side movement of the gear lever but only once the engine is hot, I've tried lubricating the linkage at both ends, which made a difference for a short while, but the stiff movement returned. I've still yet to solve that problem, once we get some warmer weather I'll think about tackling it.

Comment

Hi,I had a 'notchy' change in mine,decided to drain and refill the box with Fuchs Titan Syntofluid 75W80,made a huge change to mine.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

My M32 is also crap between 1-2nd gear, rest are okay and it improves when warm. It has Fuchs synthetic oil in now but just the same as before, although the synthetic oil is better for bearings...I just think it’s something this delightful gear is bad at!!

Comment

Its the cold weather mine has always done it before i set off i go through the gears a few times then its fine

Comment

Working...
          X