Hard/Soft paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard/Soft paint?

Any one know what hardness the paint is?

Going to de-swirl her when the weather gets better.

Cheers

not very imo ….or the laquer is soft,one of the 2
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      not very imo ….or the laquer is soft,one of the 2
      Just had a google... medium some say but thats on the Astras.

Maybe ill start off with a soft pad.

Anyone corrected theres?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
        Just had a google... medium some say but thats on the Astras.

Maybe ill start off with a soft pad.

Anyone corrected theres?
        just use summit tame,like meguiars ultimate compound
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I do know that Vauxhall paints had some soft colours

from memory, ultra blue was one of the softest ever.....even lacquered, your cloth was slightly blue after polishing.

but that was a few years ago...……...possibly sorted it all out by now.

Comment

my previous one,,you looked at it the wrong way,and youd scratch the laquer

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              just use summit tame,like meguiars ultimate compound
              I got megs 108 and 208 and 3 stage polish/compounds from Menzerna... ill just go soft in a small area first [emoji1360]

Comment

Most of the one's that I have done I'd classify them as medium. Scholl S20 Black works really well on Vauxhall's[emoji106]
                C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
                  Most of the one's that I have done I'd classify them as medium. Scholl S20 Black works really well on Vauxhall's[emoji106]
                  Which pad did you use? Take it you used a Dual Action?

Comment

Which pad did you use? Take it you used a Dual Action?
                    I'm a firm believer in matching pads and polish to the same brand and went with the purple spider pads.
                    Yes used my DA polisher, most of the the time I'd get away with two sets on speed 4.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
                      I'm a firm believer in matching pads and polish to the same brand and went with the purple spider pads.
                      Yes used my DA polisher, most of the the time I'd get away with two sets on speed 4.5.
                      Thats cool. Its been a while since ive done it. My last was a stubborn black Mini. Paint was well hard... Just cant remember what combo i used on the Vauxhall Combo too after i had taken the sign writing off.

Pretty sure ive got the hex pads still. Yellow orange and black. I guess ill just test and take my time. Thanks mate

Comment

Pretty sure ive got the hex pads still. Yellow orange and black. I guess ill just test and take my time. Thanks mate

Orange hex pads with a medium cut polish will be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                        X