No announcement yet.

Service time approaching....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I change my oil and filter on all my 4 cars every 3 months .
    Now that's going to blow some people's minds .
    You have the correct attitude Brian
    When I buy a car I personally ignore what's been done before, I replace every serviceable item . And start a fresh .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      I change my oil and filter on all my 4 cars every 3 months .
      Now that's going to blow some people's minds .
      You have the correct attitude Brian
      When I buy a car I personally ignore what's been done before, I replace every serviceable item . And start a fresh .
      Thanks Lizzard-t. Yes, that’s the kind of line I like, personally ignore the previous work and start afresh......
      buzzing to get stuck into it, it’s been too long since I’ve had warm oil running down my arms. [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
        Thanks Lizzard-t. Yes, that’s the kind of line I like, personally ignore the previous work and start afresh......
        buzzing to get stuck into it, it’s been too long since I’ve had warm oil running down my arms. [emoji38]
        ss
        Agree with reseting the service schedule and changing all service items, on purchase, At least you know where you stand going forward. The location of the oil filter on the insignia can certainly get the arms wet the first time round. Why oh why do manufactures stick them low and at the back. Its not like there downward facing at the lowest point to catch heavy metals or anything. Honda produced one of the most reliable, smoothest, quietest, diesel engines in their 2.2 and put the oil filter on top, facing up. Simple. It must be more expensive to do so.

Comment

I've had my biturbo 5 years now and use Mobil 1 0W40 ESP ever 30k kms. Im on 330,000km with no DPF issues. I do 45k a year so high milage.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            I've had my biturbo 5 years now and use Mobil 1 0W40 ESP ever 30k kms. Im on 330,000km with no DPF issues. I do 45k a year so high milage.
            I watched a test done around 20 years ago with mobile 1 on a BMW they ran it for 1million miles continuesly changing fluids with recommended service intervals, then tested the ware on the engines components and it was minimal.
            Can't find the video but here's a link to what I was talking about.
            Last edited by Alex421; 17-03-2020, 02:42 AM. Reason: Fixing spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              I watched a test done around 20 years ago with mobile 1 on a BMW they ran it for 1million miles continuesly changing fluids with recommended service intervals, then tested the ware on the engines components and it was minimal.
              Can't find the video but here's a link to what I was talking about.
              http://www.2002tii.org/kb/288
              Mobil 1 is definitely one of, if not the best out there. The reason why I don't use it is the price, I'm not sure I'll own a car to a million miles anyway but it does prove a point. If it wasn't such a timeline, would be interesting how others compare.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                ss
                Agree with reseting the service schedule and changing all service items, on purchase, At least you know where you stand going forward. The location of the oil filter on the insignia can certainly get the arms wet the first time round. Why oh why do manufactures stick them low and at the back. Its not like there downward facing at the lowest point to catch heavy metals or anything. Honda produced one of the most reliable, smoothest, quietest, diesel engines in their 2.2 and put the oil filter on top, facing up. Simple. It must be more expensive to do so.
                Fortunately the petrols don't have the difficult to access filter problem . Mine is slap bang in front of you when you open the bonnet, hardly have to bend over, well maybe a bit

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  Mobil 1 is definitely one of, if not the best out there. The reason why I don't use it is the price, I'm not sure I'll own a car to a million miles anyway but it does prove a point. If it wasn't such a timeline, would be interesting how others compare.
                  Agree, I buy it because of the travel I do a year, 45k kms. Im on +330k kms. Any Dexos2 oil would suffice as it meets the required standard. Over the service interval its not a lot more, about €30, when I'm spending over €2k on fuel during that time.

Comment

100% mate

Comment

Working...
                    X