No announcement yet.

A bit of loving - 1st time using a DAS6 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great there. If you're happy with Menzerna products then stay with them.

Have you ever tried a Glaze or Sealant before applying a Wax? I always apply a glaze after polishing as it seems to make the colour pop.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
      Looking great there. If you're happy with Menzerna products then stay with them.

Have you ever tried a Glaze or Sealant before applying a Wax? I always apply a glaze after polishing as it seems to make the colour pop.
      No mate, can't say I had tbh.. Normally (before I started using the DA) I'd use the likes of AutoGlym SRP & then wax, but all done by hand.

Any suggestions on products??

Would it simply be a case of using the Menzerna product 1st as normal, then glaze/sealant, then wax??
      2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
      Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
        Would it simply be a case of using the Menzerna product 1st as normal, then glaze/sealant, then wax??
        Exactly that mate. Some companies will provide sample bottles so you can try before you buy the full size bottle.

In the past I've used Chemical guys stuff and always been happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
          Exactly that mate. Some companies will provide sample bottles so you can try before you buy the full size bottle.
          Cheers pal, will get on the hunt
          Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Found some pictures of two days work on my old Astra. It won a show and shine after this -

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5842.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	245020

Name:	DSCF5847.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	245021

Name:	DSCF5840.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	245022

I think I added a coat of Jet Seal after this to try and protect the shine.

Comment

Das6 Pro is awesome machine had mine for 5 years now.

Comment

Any suggestions on products??

Bilt Hamber cleanser polish would be my choice..[emoji106]

And exactly that.
                C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Cheers gents I plan on doing a proper job, giving it much more time and effort, but needs to be closer to the summer so I can get the gazebo out

Comment

Cheers gents I plan on doing a proper job, giving it much more time and effort, but needs to be closer to the summer so I can get the gazebo out
                    Ooh bbq as well !! count me in [emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
                      Ooh bbq as well !! count me in [emoji12][emoji12]
                      .. Mini fix it meet

Comment

Would be nice for a group get together and work on someone's car...mini meet up.

Comment

Shame you're in London though Saul.. you're a long way from me in Chester. Try and arrange a local fix it meet, everyone get's together blitz's any work needed on the cars plenty of coffee & biscuits on the go. I've done a few over the years, they're a great way of getting to meet the guys to and great for a bit of banter

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            Ah well don't let the silver/diamond cut brigade (or as I like to call them......lemmings ) wear you down on here. Go with what will make your car look good to you.
                            Knob.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Knob.
                              How rude!
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Got to love opinions

Comment

Working...
                                X