A bit of loving - 1st time using a DAS6 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of loving - 1st time using a DAS6 Pro

I've ALWAYS done my cars by hand, sometimes I've done it over the course of a couple of days (doing it right by hand takes that long ) however a few months ago I decided to treat myself to a DAS6 Pro, new pads & after quite a bit of research I went with a couple of the Menzerna products, mainly for finishing due to the low cutting capabilities because I didn't want to destroy my paintwork .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	249723

Name:	IMG_1765.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	249724

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	249725

Name:	IMG_1767.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	249726

As I've always done I started with a solid jet wash to remove any loose stuff and then move onto the Snow Foam

I used AutoGlym Polar Blast using a Pro-Kleen SF gun on a Karcher K2

Name:	IMG_1769.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	249727

Name:	IMG_1770.JPG
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	249728

Let that do it's work for around 15 minutes

After that it's another jet wash to remove the remaining SF and as much of the now loose dirt as possible before moving onto the 2 bucket method for a decent all over scrub which includes the door shuts, boot, bonnet & petrol cap area.

It's then time for the 1st dry....

Then I use Bilt Hamber Korrosol Fallout Remover & this time tried the Wonder Wheels Colour Active Wheel Cleaner and let them work their magic before jet washing off again..

Time for the 2nd dry...

Then onto the Claybar… I used the Meguires Clay this time round which along with the BH Fallout remover gave the paintwork that awesome glassy feel, nice and smooth.

Now this is normally where i'd use the like of AG SRP or similar, but this time decided it was time to break out the DAS6 Pro (It's my 1st time using it, but watched countless videos)... So using a Black Hex-logic pad & Menzerna (3, Super Finish Plus) I set about the body work, doing small areas at a time being sure to catch the overlaps. Starting on No2 with the DAS6 Pro to spread the Menzerna then turning to 4.5 to work that product into the paintwork. Bearing in mind I've used a finishing pad, with a finishing product because it was my1st time using the DAS6 Pro so didn't want to cause havoc

Anyway... finally got round the body and then applied AutoGlym UHD Wax, again using another Black finishing pad, but this time was a Waffle pad. I'm happy with the overall result, the finish is pretty good, however there's a couple of small scratches I've noticed in the paintwork that i'll have to use a slightly more aggressive cut & pad with next time (G3 Scratch Remover) Unless you guys can advise on a better product, I would also possibly stay with the Menzerna stuff to as I want the entire body looking like glass.

In reality I could of / perhaps "should of" spent much longer on it but the grey clouds were closing in so had to make haste .

Name:	62CBB961-71FB-454E-AA3D-05787E4F7E25.JPG
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	249708

Name:	C85D1EB7-C9D3-485F-8406-254F62A5F4F4.JPG
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	249709

Name:	A393E9A7-5840-4C89-9D60-F10F63AE1CE4.JPG
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	249710

Name:	IMG_1773.JPG
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	249711

Name:	IMG_1774.JPG
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	249712

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	249713

Name:	IMG_1781.JPG
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	249714

Name:	IMG_1782.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	249715

Name:	IMG_1783 (002).JPG
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	249716

Any & all feedback welcome.... advice on Products etc??
    Last edited by Foz1261; 15-03-2020, 04:47 AM.
    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

That looks pretty epic mate well done!

Comment

Looking g good buddy
      siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Looking good pal....... except for them death shade wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          Looking good pal....... except for them death shade wheels
          Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
            marko301 will love them tho

Comment

@marko301 will love them tho
              Foz1261 Ignore him. He's jealous.

Looks great!
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Foz1261 Ignore him. He's jealous.

Looks great!
                looks great...………..so why has he bought SILVER WHEELS??????

not...…………...

Comment

not...…………...
                  Who? You?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

not...…………...
                    Who? You?
                    Scrap that....Just spotted the thread.....They need refurbishing so maybe they're going black...It'll look lovely with 20" black or dark grey wheels on.

Comment

not...…………...
                      To paint a elegant colour! (Black)

Comment

Scrap that....Just spotted the thread.....They need refurbishing so maybe they're going black...It'll look lovely with 20" black or dark grey wheels on.
                        bollox

Comment

I’m torn between either Black but think I’ll lose the look of them if I do, Anthracite or even Gold.. 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
                            I’m torn between either Black but think I’ll lose the look of them if I do, Anthracite or even Gold.. ����*♂️
                            I like black wheels mate, you've got my vote
                            Not to sure about gold tbh saying that the wee Williams Clio suits them, black or grey would be my choice silver looks so common and mundane almost hubcap like

Comment

keep them silver.....do you know how good the red will look with nice big rare 20's on it???

Comment

Working...
                              X