No announcement yet.

New member 2015 insignia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies everyone sorry if it my replies seem all over the place still trying to get used to the forum!!! Is there such a thing as a standard mod list for my year? As in I seen another post about changing the bulbs to match the DRLS and what a difference!! Is there anything else anyone normally does first?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyeinsignia View Post
      Thanks you!! Yeah reading a few of the reply’s a wee bit of gear changing is the way forward I came from a diesel, glad it’s nothing to worry about and just a breaking in issue (me)
      Yeah, not surprised you feel it's underpowered if you've come from a diesel(providing it wasn't a classic non turbo!), will deffo not feel as responsive, especially low down. It won't be a 0-60 car but I find the 1.8s travel well at a cruise.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone sorry if it my replies seem all over the place still trying to get used to the forum!!! Is there such a thing as a standard mod list for my year? As in I seen another post about changing the bulbs to match the DRLS and what a difference!! Is there anything else anyone normally does first?

Thanks in advance!!
        Your list might grow very long in here if you're not careful, this lot won't hesitate to spend your money for you
        Last edited by tens6; 17-03-2020, 10:27 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
          Your list might grow very long in here if you're not careful, these lot won't hesitate to spend your money for you
          ���� would make a change from the wife doing it for me!! We passed another sig tonight and she said “oh i like those wheels” that’ll be atoms dear, too bloody expensive for you to play to Curby with ��

Comment

���� would make a change from the wife doing it for me!! We passed another sig tonight and she said “oh i like those wheels” that’ll be atoms dear, too bloody expensive for you to play to Curby with ��
            She's right, and I suggest you jump on that opportunity! Worth the curb risk

Comment

Check out the members cars section for some ideas buddy.
              Can get costly very quickly but it's satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                Yeah, not surprised you feel it's underpowered if you've come from a diesel(providing it wasn't a classic non turbo!), will deffo not feel as responsive, especially low down. It won't be a 0-60 car but I find the 1.8s travel well at a cruise.

Thanks tens6 yeah once it gets there it sits more than happy cruising along , it’s the getting there that the problem 😂 is a remap, induction kit something along those line worth it?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks tens6 yeah once it gets there it sits more than happy cruising along , it’s the getting there that the problem �� is a remap, induction kit something along those line worth it?

Thanks
                  you get next to no gains at all with a naturally aspirated motor im afraid
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    you get next to no gains at all with a naturally aspirated motor im afraid
                    Thanks for the quick reply! Okay - more money to spend on subtlety tarting her up then ����

Comment

Also one lay question for now.........I’ve got hellish condensation in both headlights and I’m no mechanic but I’m a reasonable quick learner, Any tips of what to look for/repair would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys

Comment

Also one lay question for now.........I’ve got hellish condensation in both headlights and I’m no mechanic but I’m a reasonable quick learner, Any tips of what to look for/repair would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys
                        It is normal for some condensation to form in the headlight (and tail lights) but if it's droplets it could be you have leaks in them. Even if there's no leak it can get quite heavy at times depending on the weather temperatures. Try dropping some of these inside the light housing to see if it helps https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-x-1g-P...e385bc3e6a94fb
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa and giddy up and welcome aboard the magical mystery tour known as the insignia drivers ok forum
                          Skyeinsignia .
                          Yep with the 1.8 you have to do to your gear stick what they do with a bowl of cake mix on the great British bake off !.
                          Stir it around and around!
                          Super duper looking insignia.
                          Just hop you have a bank that likes to say Yes , when you start modifying it !
                          Here's hoping!

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi all!!

Been reading a fir bit of the forum and loving it allready!!

Recently beacame the owner of a 2015 1.8 SRI with 49000 on the clock, loving every minute of it, although it feels very sluggish? Need to rev the back side out of it on any hills? Does that sound right for this engine?

First upgrade was to match the headlights with the DRLs - stolen idea from this forum!! Any other basic mods to be done?

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4381[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4382[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4383[/ATTACH]
                            Welcome fella
                            siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Working...
                            X