Ally Door Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ally Door Pins

Hi all - I’ve installed a set of ally door pins from flea bay but when I close the doors they bounce and the doors stay unlocked, I’ve tried undoing them but makes no difference. I think they are too long. Anyone else had the same issue?

You've screwed them on too tight. eBay specials usually have a longer internal thread and if screwed tight can catch on something inside the door card. Unscrew them slightly and you'll be fine.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

I did try that but will have another go or see if I can shorten them

Comment

Drop us a link to where you purchased them from please?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper101 View Post
          Hi all - I’ve installed a set of ally door pins from flea bay but when I close the doors they bounce and the doors stay unlocked, I’ve tried undoing them but makes no difference. I think they are too long. Anyone else had the same issue?
          Does sound like they're catching somewhere and preventing it from fully seating, a bit like if you were to pull it back up by hand. That's what would happen if you could.

Comment

Thanks Tens6 - I'll either attempt to trim but first will see if the seller will replace for ones that actually fit the car!

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
              Drop us a link to where you purchased them from please?
              Hi aitkenaj

From ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Colors-...r/143529045701

Comment

Originally posted by Viper101 View Post
                Looks to me might be the top part preventing it from fully retracting, either too short or screwed too tight. How do they compare to the original?

Comment

You may have to shorten them. Unwind them until they lock properly and see if it's feasible to shorten them.

I bought these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

Try fitting them loosely and see if it locks, if it does they're definitely too short. Could also be too thick?

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                      You may have to shorten them. Unwind them until they lock properly and see if it's feasible to shorten them.

I bought these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...72.m2749.l2649
                      Same as mine with no issues
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Look same as mine, also no issues.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Looks strange the one you brought, it doesn't look like it will suit the siggy well. Get some bullet ones like the ones on the link, i had some with no issues, only thing i had to do was stick some tissues in to shorten the thread.

Comment

Quick update padded,the screw out with cellophane and they work a treat so thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                            X