Online shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online shopping

Just a warning to anyone who uses online shopping, as we all know there's a virus going round....with that said, if you want any chance of having your shopping delivered any time soon I'd suggest getting your slots booked. Fortunately I have a recurring slot with ASDA and just went to see if I could adjust the time slot and this is what it looks like....no better than finding bog roll, madness....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200317_104740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	249737

Just checked tesco no slots until the 5th April. Bloody stupid, how are people that are self isolating going to shop

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Just checked tesco no slots until the 5th April. Bloody stupid, how are people that are self isolating going to shop
      I've not even checked any further ahead but I expect it will be the same. Don't make me feel guilty I'm not self isolating but I have had a recurring slot since it became available. I'll do that instead of bog roll hogging

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        I've not even checked any further ahead but I expect it will be the same. Don't make me feel guilty I'm not self isolating but I have had a recurring slot since it became available. I'll do that instead of bog roll hogging
        You live close to me, get mine delivered to yours, il pay ya via PayPal and have a mini meet [emoji23]

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You live close to me, get mine delivered to yours, il pay ya via PayPal and have a mini meet [emoji23]
          Two hour drive but if needs must

Comment

Checked Sainsburys this morning and they've nothing listed on any date listed as yet and they go up to the 5th April i think it was....seems bulk delivery slot booking is the new bulk buying. Also suspect a potential lack of drivers etc is an issue.

Fortunately we are still in a position to be able to go to a shop so will just have to try and see what we can end up with. I drive past an Aldi on the way to work and go past normally just after its opened and there are about 5 cars in the car park....this morning it was pretty much full.

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately now I think we have no choice but to go with the flow to make sure we're not left without....and that creates a bigger problem

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  Unfortunately now I think we have no choice but to go with the flow to make sure we're not left without....and that creates a bigger problem
                  Just messaged other half and said the same, do a shop, click and collect but get extra as know won't get what we ask for, so ask for x3 as. Much might get normal monthly shop. Rest of stuff need to shop about. If have to self isolate we have no way of getting any food.

Comment

Just messaged other half and said the same, do a shop, click and collect but get extra as know won't get what we ask for, so ask for x3 as. Much might get normal monthly shop. Rest of stuff need to shop about. If have to self isolate we have no way of getting any food.
                    At the moment we're ordering the usual but will then need to go out to get the bits that we don't get but as you said that might not work for long. As we do a weekly shop, we might have to adjust how we do it as we go along.

Comment

Think our issue is going to be nappies as the little one hasnt quite cracked potty training yet and when i tried to get some last week the shelves had been cleared. Was in the local shop last picking up some milk for the little one, fortunately we dont have the fun and games with formula that some are experiening, and they had some toilet roll in so i picked up a pack just in case. We had 6 or 7 at home but felt i probably ought to as i've no idea what the crazed idiots are going to do going forward.

We're quite lucky that we have a big pantry that is pretty well stocked most of the time so we're not desperate for anything and we buy our meat in bulk through a friend who works at a meat supplier so the freezer in the garage is pretty well stocked from a couple of months ago. However as you say the panic buying from others will start to effect the more sensible ones who have to get what they can when they can and it makes things that little bit worse.

Comment

Luckily we have an Asda recurring delivery slot every Friday between 6 and 7pm. No guarantee we'll get everything on the list though. We're still only buying the usual. Not one thing extra. I'm not gonna get drawn into this panic buying.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          Luckily we have an Asda recurring delivery slot every Friday between 6 and 7pm. No guarantee we'll get everything on the list though. We're still only buying the usual. Not one thing extra. I'm not gonna get drawn into this panic buying.
                          Oooo il pay ya to get my monthly shop [emoji23]

Comment

As already stated, the issue with online shopping is that there is zero guarantee that you are going to get whatever you put into your online order.

Yes, the stuff may be available at the time you actually do the order, but there's no guarantee that it will still be available when they actually pick and deliver it. Even if you are willing to accept substitutions, at the moment there's a very good chance you're not getting half of what you think you're getting, and you're going to end up having to go to the shop to look for something different anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                              As already stated, the issue with online shopping is that there is zero guarantee that you are going to get whatever you put into your online order.

Yes, the stuff may be available at the time you actually do the order, but there's no guarantee that it will still be available when they actually pick and deliver it. Even if you are willing to accept substitutions, at the moment there's a very good chance you're not getting half of what you think you're getting, and you're going to end up having to go to the shop to look for something different anyway.
                              Especially at my old store the availability was poor before this all happened. Wonder what it's like now.

I've had a few cases where I've gone to the customer with only their receipt because we didn't have any of their items.

They still got charged delivery fee and a bag charge larious

(Mainly if they just ordered alcohol or similar)

Comment

Working...
                              X