Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Else at Home Due to Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Else at Home Due to Coronavirus?

Anybody else already working from home or self-isolating due to being vulnerable etc?

I'd been at work until today, but with things now escalating rapidly, I'm now at home due to having an underlying health issue with my heart and being a candidate for the annual flu vaccine etc.

I'm sincerely hoping my work finds something for me to do remotely whilst I'm at home, or I'll frankly go crazy sitting twiddling my thumbs.

On the bright side, I got some loo-roll in Asda yesterday, it felt like Christmas!

I'm isolated at home as of today for 14 days.
    Under this cause
    'Anyone living with someone who has a cough or a temperature to stay at home for 14 days'

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      I'm isolated at home as of today for 14 days.
      Under this cause
      'Anyone living with someone who has a cough or a temperature to stay at home for 14 days'
      Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed it's nothing more than just a typical seasonal cold or flu.

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
        Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed it's nothing more than just a typical seasonal cold or flu.
        Cheers, Nah i'm sure its nothing at all, Mrs just got the seasonal cough that she always find it hard to shake off, but i'm just following the governments guidelines

Comment

I’m isolated aswell as my son has had symptoms in day 3 now bored out of my skull

Comment

There'll be plenty staying at home,taking the piss,,especially those who dont lose money ,by being on full pay,for sickness
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm just glad that (hopefully!) we'll be heading into some better weather soon, and can at least get outside into the garden, or to tinker with the car.

I've got a set of strut top mounts needing fitted to my wee Corsa, that's first on the to-do list.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                There'll be plenty staying at home,taking the piss,,especially those who dont lose money ,by being on full pay,for sickness
                and it can be used multiple times as they wont be tested unles they are admitted, get a cough and stay off for 2 weeks..

My 6 kids are off school as of today as my wife and I work in the NHS, shes a cleaner in infected wards and im IT, both in 2 seperate hospitals, she has underlying health issues so has a risk assesment that needs to be done, 3 of the kids have asthma but one needs steriods to help occasionally so the last thing we wanted to do was carry the virus from work to home, then from home to the school, but now they are closing anyway.

i can do about 30% of the work from home but i cant see me being sent home or isolating unless anyone develops symptoms, viruses tend to go through everyone in our household so does that mean i'd have to isolate continuosly until no-one is displaying anything or can i go to work after my 2 weeks despite someone else in the household potentially harbouring the virus, my bosses dont seem to know and theres only 2 members of IT staff in my office most of the week.

it is however very catchable so it could go through the household quite quickly.

Comment

I'm sat at work doing IT support for a load of companies currently sending all their staff to work at home and we're trying to get folk set up where we can. Been hectic!!

Got brother in law, sister in law & niece in 12 week lockdown due to sister in laws leukaemia whilst father in law and mother in law are on the cusp of being 70 so we've told them to stay at home as much as they can and tell us if they need anything like shopping etc. My parents are mid 60s and i've told them not to take any risks, i will sort things that mean they are kept out of the way to a bigger extent. My dad is a big walker out in the Peaks near us and he'll be fine doing that but i've told them we'll do shopping etc. That said my mother has never stopped shopping as if me and my brother still live there and neither of us have lived there for about 5 years now so they have plenty of stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                    I'm sat at work doing IT support for a load of companies currently sending all their staff to work at home and we're trying to get folk set up where we can. Been hectic!!
                    yeah, same with me, everyone is suddenly finding laptops that we've been unable to get hold of, all need updating from win 7, everyone asking for secure tokens so they can dial into the hospital network as if they are planning already to work from home

on the plus side our win7 list is coming down.....

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                      yeah, same with me, everyone is suddenly finding laptops that we've been unable to get hold of, all need updating from win 7, everyone asking for secure tokens so they can dial into the hospital network as if they are planning already to work from home

on the plus side our win7 list is coming down.....
                      We've managed to weed out most Win 7 kit and the only one i've come across I told them they were fine to use for email etc over the internet as its Office 365 but i wasnt putting a VPN on it to connect it to the server as it was Win 7 plus it had no AntiVirus on it as well as it had supposedly been decommissioned and the Symantec licence reused on the replacement to save them money!

We've got nearly all of our customers on Office 365 for email so that makes it easier and we've got quite a few now using OneDrive for shared files which again is internet so thats all good. Its just some that still have shared files from servers and applications that run over the network on things so we're needing to do VPNs which i'm now getting quite good at doing!!

Comment

My daughter is off nursery with a common cold since they dont want to take any chances. I work outdoors and looks like even if one of us has a cough we will continue to work!
                        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          Without a doubt.
                          Were slaughtered. Everyone has been asked to do overtime at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            Without a doubt.
                            You still at work Rab?
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Without a doubt.
                              Blame the Chinese government,,may not have been in this state,if they hadnt kept their mouths shut for nigh on a month
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X