Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To LED or not to LED. That is the question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To LED or not to LED. That is the question?

Opinions please on changing the interior bulbs.

Done it multiple times to previous cars kinda liked it kinda didn’t

Thinking because the Car is fairly modern it’ll look ok?

(I know I could just go and try it and see, but cba [emoji39])

I replaced all my interior bulbs to leds on my previous Insignia and my current Insignia has them as standard so I'd say yes. I'm not a lover of the blue look. I prefer the bright white look.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Done my boot and footwell with led, left the rest, it's a nice warm glow and I'm happy with it.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Might do the puddle lights once I do the headlights and number plate

Again opinions on number plate. I’d like as close to oem led as possible. I think eBay specials look a bit, erm eBay

Comment

I changed mine to bright white......
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200321_201901381.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	245096

Name:	IMG_20200321_201920780.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	245097

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            I changed mine to bright white......
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4503[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4504[/ATTACH]
            Leather seats as standard btw?

Comment

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Liking that

Especially the reverse lamps

Comment

Number plate lights. Look better in real life, they are bright but camera makes them look worse than are. They match reverse lights well.

Comment

I've done puddle lights and headlights.

Name:	Door Light 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	245098

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	245099
                    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Qmark78 View Post
                      Leather seats as standard btw?
                      No.....I fitted them.
                      Also retro fitted front and rear heated seats

Comment

Those number plate led are bright!

They do the interior kits on ebay, is that where you guys got them from?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          No.....I fitted them.
                          Also retro fitted front and rear heated seats
                          You’re going to cost me a fortune. I bought mine with no intentions of expensive mods. But I see yours and I want!

On a serious note..as we know Vauxhall’s aren’t exactly known for holding their price. Dunno why this is the best over 100k mile car I’ve had, and the cheapest!

I’m hesitant to spend fortunes pimping it up fear of not getting a return. Must be because I’m Scottish [emoji2528] I’m tighter than Philip Schofields chuff before he came clean

I suppose any retrofit I do can be undone and sold separate

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                            I've done puddle lights and headlights.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4506[/ATTACH]
                            That merc in the background anything special?

Comment

Originally posted by Qmark78 View Post
                              You’re going to cost me a fortune. I bought mine with no intentions of expensive mods. But I see yours and I want!

On a serious note..as we know Vauxhall’s aren’t exactly known for holding their price. Dunno why this is the best over 100k mile car I’ve had, and the cheapest!

I’m hesitant to spend fortunes pimping it up fear of not getting a return. Must be because I’m Scottish [emoji2528] I’m tighter than Philip Schofields chuff before he came clean

I suppose any retrofit I do can be undone and sold separate
                              Anything can be done to them.
                              I've done lots and lots.......and when I bought it 2 years ago, I was doing nothing to it.

Exhausts, seats, mudflaps, android, reverse camera, heated seats LEDs, indicator repeaters, changed LEDs in dials, opelised,......the list is endless

Comment

Working...
                              X