No announcement yet.

Virus closures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you know of anyone that may need a little convincing these words from a doctor might help.

"The virus doesn't move, people move it. We stop moving, the virus stops moving, the virus dies. It's that simple."

We have to get on top of the social distancing advice and not mix.

Comment

Totally agree---Dave

Comment

Virus closures

Was all over London today. Was like a ghost town especially Wembley area.

Comment

My shop is now shut to customers. Just sorting things out before we shut for the duration. People need to realise how serious this is and stop being so arrogant about it.

On a lighter note petrol and diesel are coming down

Comment

Just been on the news, there could be a full lockdown announced within hours

Comment

It’s bringing the best out in people. But sadly also the worst

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                Just been on the news, there could be a full lockdown announced within hours
                Its more than likely as it sounds a bit different to his usual government briefing that he has been giving daily.

Comment

It's all gone now! Including my job!
                  2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                  honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                    Ah man, after you managed to hold onto it too! So sorry for you.
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                      Under what he’s saying you will still get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                        Under what he’s saying you will still get paid.
                        your employer cannot cover staff costs due to COVID-19, they may be able to access support to continue paying part of your wage, to avoid redundancies.

If your employer intends to access the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, they will discuss with you becoming classified as a furloughed worker. This would mean that you are kept on your employer’s payroll, rather than being laid off.

To qualify for this scheme, you should not undertake work for them while you are furloughed. This will allow your employer to claim a grant of up to 80% of your wage for all employment costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.

You will remain employed while furloughed. Your employer could choose to fund the differences between this payment and your salary, but does not have to.

If your salary is reduced as a result of these changes, you may be eligible for support through the welfare system, including Universal Credit.

We intend for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to run for at least 3 months from 1 March 2020, but will extend if

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Well my top brass is having a meeting in the morning to decide what to do

I’ll stick my neck out here and say it really isn’t up to my management anymore! Boris just told you!!

I work in construction industry delivering drainage supplies.. And I don’t think that’s somehow essential atm.

Job should be ok. Govt covering 80% of my measly salary

Just like pressing the pause I suppose?

Comment

You could be classed as part of the utility's sector .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              You could be classed as part of the utility's sector .
                              Literally 5 mins ago

Just been told to go to work as normal

Comment

Originally posted by Qmark78 View Post
                                Literally 5 mins ago

Just been told to go to work as normal
                                Same everywhere. Companies using lack of information from government as excuse. Already told the 80 % thing not an option. And stopping at home is no pay

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X