How does it effect you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does it effect you?

So how does it all effect you all now. My company are winging it and told everyone to go in. Only option we have is ssp or work. They say we do food, sewerage and water industry, which we do but indirectly.

Stuck with the below current rules

your employer cannot cover staff costs due to COVID-19, they may be able to access support to continue paying part of your wage, to avoid redundancies.

If your employer intends to access the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, they will discuss with you becoming classified as a furloughed worker. This would mean that you are kept on your employer’s payroll, rather than being laid off.

To qualify for this scheme, you should not undertake work for them while you are furloughed. This will allow your employer to claim a grant of up to 80% of your wage for all employment costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.

You will remain employed while furloughed. Your employer could choose to fund the differences between this payment and your salary, but does not have to.

If your salary is reduced as a result of these changes, you may be eligible for support through the welfare system, including Universal Credit.

We intend for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to run for at least 3 months from 1 March 2020, but will extend if

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Not at the moment as i am recovering from surgery, but as a gas engineer we are classed as Key workers also

we need to call the customer first to see if any are affected or self isolating, its only emergency breakdowns we go to , so say for instance 1 radiator is not working , we do not attend, no heating or hw we need to

many customers will soon get wise to this , as the call centre asks them , if there self isolating or any symptoms, of course they are gonna say no

Comment

By the looks of it, this place was suffering from social distancing yesterday

Comment

As I'm in the same industry as the gas man
        We are classed as part of the utility's sector .
        But as the gas man , if someone rings in about say a dripping tap or say 1 radiator not working then that is classed as non emergency, so we do not attend.
        But if someone rings in with a blocked toilet and no other toilet available then that's classed as a health and safety issue, so it's an emergency.
        The company as a whole has implemented for the past 2 weeks a system where you phone before arriving to ask if anyone is self isolating, and when in the customers house there is a 2 meter distance, and they do not sign our iPad .
        And hand sanitizer used frequently.
        I'm off work for 2 weeks as annual holiday.
        But when I go back I may find that customers may of cancelled anyway due to the current situation.
        As I only install boilers .
        So if the old boiler is still working, then they may hold off until such time when the imposed lockdown has been lifted .
        But we will still attend to boilers that are non op .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          As I'm in the same industry as the gas man
          We are classed as part of the utility's sector .
          But as the gas man , if someone rings in about say a dripping tap or say 1 radiator not working then that is classed as non emergency, so we do not attend.
          But if someone rings in with a blocked toilet and no other toilet available then that's classed as a health and safety issue, so it's an emergency.
          The company as a whole has implemented for the past 2 weeks a system where you phone before arriving to ask if anyone is self isolating, and when in the customers house there is a 2 meter distance, and they do not sign our iPad .
          And hand sanitizer used frequently.
          I'm off work for 2 weeks as annual holiday.
          But when I go back I may find that customers may of cancelled anyway due to the current situation.
          As I only install boilers .
          So if the old boiler is still working, then they may hold off until such time when the imposed lockdown has been lifted .
          But we will still attend to boilers that are non op .
          I wonder how many will say they're not in self isolation just to get the repair done?

Comment

That's very true.
            There's always someone who will try it on .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

No effect on me either - I'm a software developer for telecoms billing and have been classed as Telecoms + IT and Infrastructure "key workers"

Comment

Every company is saying that. Roads not much different this morning to normal. Give it a few days and army will be enforcing it. The government have not given enough information or guide lines, so nearly every company can claim some link to a utility or essential business.
                Greed is overpowering common sense and health.

I'm in working on something that's not important, then when my work dries up and have to build kits that are not important and are nothing but profit. Not even my bloody job.
                May take myself out the equation. Don't mind working if I feel iv helped, but what I'm doing is helping noone except the company financially.
                Rant over.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Every company is saying that. Roads not much different this morning to normal. Give it a few days and army will be enforcing it. The government have not given enough information or guide lines, so nearly every company can claim some link to a utility or essential business.
                  Greed is overpowering common sense and health.

I'm in working on something that's not important, then when my work dries up and have to build kits that are not important and are nothing but profit. Not even my bloody job.
                  May take myself out the equation. Don't mind working if I feel iv helped, but what I'm doing is helping noone except the company financially.
                  Rant over.
                  Roads are so different up here.
                  I joined M8 this morning at 05.35....me and a couple of lorries all the way into Glasgow.

This is Alexandra Parade at rush hour this morning.....
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_065712411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	245105
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_065705158.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	245106

Comment

Roads are a lot quieter than normal. What with the schools being shut and everyone else closing their doors, never known them so quiet.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Both self employed, I can work from home, but my wife cannot and she is kicking her heels around looking for something to do!! Wonder if I will be alive in a week!

Comment

My shop has now shut and will do until it is considered safe to reopen.

Comment

Definitely an impact on the roads even last week, one night it took me 37 mins to get home from Derby to Chesterfield when its usually over an hour. Suspect it'd be even less currently. Road at the end of our road is the main road from Chesterfield out to the Peak District towards Stockport, Manchester etc and its loads quieter. Normally be gearing up about now to be backed up past our road but with less traffic and the school as good as shut it wont be.

Comment

classed as a key worker, work for ambulance service on patient transfer, the roads are very quiet.

Comment

My work is still open we are a document management company and deliver files and boxes to hospitals, and various companies so classed as key work. My company have got whoever they can working from home but think from next week we are putting people onto this furlow scheme. Personally i am a bit torn as i have type 1 diabetes and asthma that has been playing up a bit so had conflicting advice saying i should isolate myself for 12 weeks and some saying just maintain the social distancing etc. Problem at my site is i am manager and my supervisor has health issues and a wife with severe issues so if i go off i drop him in it or if we both go off work is fooked.

Huge hats off to all the NHS staff, shopworkers and all the folk that are still out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X