Insignia a oil pick up seal help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia a oil pick up seal help?

Hi there im new to this forum and I am hoping youse guys can help, I have this issue on a 2011 2.0 cdti, my oil pressure warning came up when engine was warm flashed and alarmed the red oil can, now has a slight rattle if revved from idle above 2000rpm, haven't drove the car any distance since, changed the oil and filter on Saturday and drove easy around the block for 1/2 mile till warm and the warning alarmed 3 times, my question is would it still be the oil seal even if it's only doing it when warm, or would it be a seal and pump combo, worrying now it may be a case of changing the big end bearings as well and are these just worth doing anyway if you have it stripped that far down? Thanks in advance Jason

Basically it's toast
    When a red light comes on it's the cars way of telling you
    It's hurting .
    So to put it bluntly
    At the least it's a bottom end rebuild .plus that pickup oil seal and anything else that has worn or showing signs of heat damage .
    Which someone on here had done and that was £1000+++++
    Hoooooo I'm full of the joys of spring!
    Here's some links

We are a happy go lucky bunch here , though completely insane.
    Yeeeeehaaaaaaa!

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Basically it's toast
      It's hurting .
      So to put it bluntly
      At the least it's a bottom end rebuild .plus that pickup oil seal and anything else that has worn or showing signs of heat damage .
      Here's some links

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa!
      Thanks lizard I am hoping it's going to be a matter of replacing the bottom bearings and pick up seal, as soon as the light came on engine was stopped and will remain that way so hopefully won't need to get crank ground and oversize bearings made, unfortunately the cars still on finance so it needs fixing only drove it 1200 miles in the last 6 months I've had it , but I'll be able to do it myself so should save on man hours, many thanks for the reply

Comment

Might help if you let people know where you are in the UK,as we have to hand details of a guy who is a wizard with these cars/engines----and ------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
          Might help if you let people know where you are in the UK,as we have to hand details of a guy who is a wizard with these cars/engines----and ------Dave
          Frank is currently stuck in Pakistan,,cant get a flight out,,due to the Chinese virus
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Basically it's toast
            It's hurting .
            So to put it bluntly
            Here's some links

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa!
            Howys already pointed this new member in the direction of the new members section.....but ignored that too

Comment

Sorry I should not of tried to guide him in the right direction
              I know he hopped on the back end of a thread yesterday.
              Howy tried , then I just replied in a stupid way .
              He will probably be back when something goes wrong.with the rebuild of the engine.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Frank is currently stuck in Pakistan,,cant get a flight out,,due to the Chinese virus
                Is he really Dave, this bloody virus has us all totally stuck in limbo, just seen on the news about brits being stuck in all parts of the world and unable to get back, let's hope that we can all keep safe and the sooner the better this is sorted out the better----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                  Is he really Dave, this bloody virus has us all totally stuck in limbo, just seen on the news about brits being stuck in all parts of the world and unable to get back, let's hope that we can all keep safe and the sooner the better this is sorted out the better----Dave
                  That was at the weekend Dave,,dont know if hes managed to get back yet though
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

He will probably be back when something goes wrong.with the rebuild of the engine.
                    No ....you've every right to try mate.
                    Decency would have made him post in the new members section, but even after a couple of nudges, still chose not to post.

Comment

Hi sorry guys new to forums and just home from my work in hospital environment so you will probably understand why I have had no phone to reply, i will look at the new members section again as I could not work out how to post it in there, i am from northern ireland also sorry haven't had a look at updating the profile location and what not, newb here , thanks for your replys lizard has put it into perspective

Comment

Thanks lizard your advice was helpful it confirmed I will need to replace the bearing casings along with the seal, reason I queried it was incase the seal may well cure it as the engine didn't go bang just the red oil pressure low indicator, I served my time as a motorcycle technician and now a medical device engineer, and do all the work on my own vehicles but just not the insignia yet not a big end replacement but confident enough to have a go and if not it will only mess up what's already goosed haha.
                        Thanks for the input you've been helpful, and I'll remember the new members forum from now on

Comment

Originally posted by Jason william View Post
                          Thanks lizard your advice was helpful it confirmed I will need to replace the bearing casings along with the seal, reason I queried it was incase the seal may well cure it as the engine didn't go bang just the red oil pressure low indicator, I served my time as a motorcycle technician and now a medical device engineer, and do all the work on my own vehicles but just not the insignia yet not a big end replacement but confident enough to have a go and if not it will only mess up what's already goosed haha.
                          Thanks for the input you've been helpful, and I'll remember the new members forum from now on
                          You only need to go to the new members section and introduce yourself.
                          Tell us a bit about yourself and your car....maybe share a pic or 2 of it.
                          After that.......it's time to spend money

Comment

Working...
                          X