Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf after 178 miles ? Advice

Swinton, on 24 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:
    I don't think mine h as done a reg in 13month that know of cars runs great plenty of power .car a (160)
    it will have,,,you won't have noticed it
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Penfold101, on 24 January 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:
    I'd say the stat is on its way out - once mine is at 90 degrees it sits there regardless of what I do with the car or the heating. It's also not just down to simply driving on the motorway - you need to be doing over 2000 rpm for the filter to self-clean so unless you're doing 90-odd mph it'll still clog up eventually. I usually average one regen per tank I think - about once every 700 miles or so.

You don't need to be doing over 2000rpm for an unmonitored automatic regen. It's only needed if a regen with active driver input is required (Warning light or DIC message).

If you become aware an unmonitored regen is in progress, just keep driving. If you can, take a detour with minimal stopping or low speed situations.

And, for an active regen, to maintain a legal speed at over 2000rpm - drop a gear or two. Cops wont take any excuses
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Working...
    X