MOT's that are due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT's that are due

When you need an MOT for your vehicle, what it costs, what happens if your vehicle fails, and how to get mistakes on the MOT certificate fixed.

This will help a few people

Good idea hope they do same with PSV medicals mine due in may cant get one at the moment for obvious reasons
    siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
      Good idea hope they do same with PSV medicals mine due in may cant get one at the moment for obvious reasons
      Probably not......as it won't be classed as essential

Comment

My mums old X-Trail was in this morning for it's MOT, genuinely not sure whether it will go though another or not.

Spotted this earlier and she called the garage and told them to hang-fire!!

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
          My mums old X-Trail was in this morning for it's MOT, genuinely not sure whether it will go though another or not.

Spotted this earlier and she called the garage and told them to hang-fire!!
          Brilliant...6 months grace

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Brilliant...6 months grace
            Yup, it's a big relief to be honest. As I mentioned elsewhere recently, she is out in the country, and would be isolated without it.

I've been trying to tell her to get shot of it since it's last MOT, as it got quite a few advisories, but you know what it's like trying to tell old folk anything! thead

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
              Yup, it's a big relief to be honest. As I mentioned elsewhere recently, she is out in the country, and would be isolated without it.

I've been trying to tell her to get shot of it since it's last MOT, as it got quite a few advisories, but you know what it's like trying to tell old folk anything! thead
              I know it's no consolation, but something good has come out if it.

Comment

Hold your horses. Starting from the 30th March so I’d like me mine ran out 17th March I’ve got to get mine done.

Comment

So as I understand it my mot runs out 5th of June. Are they saying that it will now run out 5th November?

Or are they saying you have a 6 month grace period in which to get it done when it is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    So as I understand it my mot runs out 5th of June. Are they saying that it will now run out 5th November?

Or are they saying you have a 6 month grace period in which to get it done when it is possible?
                    Says your mot won't expire until 5th November

Mine is June 20th so now takes me right on bloody Xmas [emoji23]

And now have issue of service for warranty. Mot and service done at same appointment, motordepot.co.uk told me they will honour it all when reopen, but if car not serviced withing 1000 miles or 31 days of due date warranty not valid. So. Looks like it will be going to Vauxhall, and i will have to pay.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      I'm similar, my car is due on June 21st, so basically will be due just before Christmas.

Not complaining though, I appreciate the breathing space at the moment. I did change both the strut top mounts last week in preparation for it mind you, if I'd known it could have waited until it was nicer weather outside!

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Says your mot won't expire until 5th November

And now have issue of service for warranty. Mot and service done at same appointment, motordepot.co.uk told me they will honour it all when reopen, but if car not serviced withing 1000 miles or 31 days of due date warranty not valid. So. Looks like it will be going to Vauxhall, and i will have to pay.
                        Awwww jeez.....more money

Comment

Thanks for this, my ma and pa were going to venture out today to get my mums car MOTd and had a whole plan sorted for doing it but managed to get this info to them so they didnt have to bother going.

Comment

Best way is keep checking mot website, in next few days all should have updated due date on.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                            X