Lizzard-t 's latest Purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    The third gen was a bit of a marmite car.
    1 of my third generation I've spent shead loads on to get it the way I wanted
    The turbo X is just as it was out of the factory, but that's going very soon , can't justify the running costs .
    The 3rd , 3rd generation i own is being used by my son in law so that's standard and he just seems to neglect it and I have to pay for the repairs when he dose something to it .
    I've been after a 2nd generation for about 6 months .
    Yesterday fitted new rear springs, nothing really wrong with the old ones it's just the way I am when I buy a new car .
    They are made by Continental Direct , used them before they do the job .also I don't like the ride height / look with the standard Saab set up which they class as sports suspension ( about 5mm lower at most )
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4816[/ATTACH]
    Today fitted the new thermostat/ temp sensor , made by Gates .
    Old one photo [ATTACH=CONFIG]4817[/ATTACH]
    Fitted a missing part of the HAVC ducting which runs the air to the rear seat central vents .found it missing when I was doing the ISM ( ignition switch)
    Found this man on that well known auction site who was breaking a 9-3 , messaged him and to my suprise he had the part .
    I'm one of those people who like things just right and I get a bit anal if not .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4818[/ATTACH]
    And some carbon fibre looking bonnet and boot badges
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4819[/ATTACH]bonnet
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4820[/ATTACH]boot
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4821[/ATTACH]old ones .
    Little bits here and there to keep my mind active.
    Nice one mate looks great

Comment

Transforming the car already.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Well ant been doing much due to work
        Here's what i do for a living
        300 litre unvented cylinder
        Intergas xclusive 36 KW boiler and all the pipework.just like things to look nice and neat .i get a bit anal about pipework.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	245383

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Very tidy job, it's a nice feeling to stand back and tell ya self, job well done [emoji106]

Comment

Thank you MR Gas Man
            I like to be able to return to a job and know it was installed properly.
            Well today I fitted
            1) a new washer bottle lid , the old one just disappeared.

Name:	IMG_20200410_194105.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	245399
            2) and yet more carbon fibre look a like this time centre caps .

Name:	IMG_20200410_194132.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	245400
            Next thing once it arrives is the cambelt , water pump , tensioners and aux belt .Ordered from Auto-doc
            Never realised they are based in Germany
            So it's the slow boat .
            Got the locking tools to do,it just nit the parts .
            And awaiting rear spoiler from latvia but I know that's going to take time .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Very nice, freshens the the car up

Comment

Couple more things added .
                Front Eyebrows
                Rear spoiler
                Because I'm a tight individual and cannot be fussed to get the correct colour
                I had some cans of alloy wheel paint , primer , lacquer in " technical grey"
                To me a perfect match in some lights .

Name:	IMG_20200416_183912.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	246720

Name:	IMG_20200416_173634.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	246721

Name:	IMG_20200419_065055.jpg
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	246722

Name:	IMG_20200419_065030.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	246723
                The rear spoiler came from Poland, it's the same style as on my other 9-3 though that's a genuine Hirsch.
                This one is ment for the 9-5 but gave it a punt , and thought a little bit wider ,it fitted with the help of my trusted angle grinder.
                And stuck down with Sikafex 527 A left over night with some tape to hold it in place .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Coming along nicely.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Very nice Paul

Comment

Nice touches.

Comment

spoiler just held with Sikaflex alone ?
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Very nice mate, sure makes a difference

Comment

Yesterday. ,,,,,
                            Replaced the cambelt, waterpump, tensioner , rollers and auxiliary, belt .
                            So that's done for another 4 years

Name:	IMG_20200423_102031.jpg
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	246770
                            Also replaced, front discs with set purchased as earlier.
                            And braided hoses
                            Also sprayed N/S/F caliper red as that had been replaced so was original silver .
                            It was either that or colour code the other 3 silver .
                            All I got to do today is brake fluid change to DOT 5 .

Name:	IMG_20200423_200331.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	246771

Name:	IMG_20200423_200325.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	246772

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              spoiler just held with Sikaflex alone ?
                              Yes just sikaflex MR Exclusiv sir . Thease generic spoilers do come with a captive nut but from past experience, they are not really held in by much in the manufacturing process.
                              Just have to clamp it down for about an hour , then , use some strong tape , a leave to set over night remove tape , and hay presto.
                              I once used no nails on a spoiler, and had the same effect.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                                Yes just sikaflex MR Exclusiv sir . Thease generic spoilers do come with a captive nut but from past experience, they are not really held in by much in the manufacturing process.
                                Just have to clamp it down for about an hour , then , use some strong tape , a leave to set over night remove tape , and hay presto.
                                I once used no nails on a spoiler, and had the same effect.
                                just used it myself Wednesday to bond my roof spoiler,,used 2 part epoxy 1st time around,but didn't grab to the glass .....its got a good hold now though.....touch wood
                                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X