X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzard-t 's latest Purchase.

Well I don't normally start threads ,
    But I just thaught I would, so I have.
    Brought last Sunday from a man in Southampton wearing a " Bum bag " ( nothing else)
    And his wife ( well that's what he referred to her as ) , was 20 years younger.
    It's a standard 1.9 tid 150 BHP
    In what I call dirty silver .
    I some how like the look of the 2nd generation 9-3 against the 3rd generation ( facelift version) , suppose it's because thease were the style when I brought my first one .
    He seemed to have this idea that if you look after the exterior, the mechanical side will look after itself!
    The only modification he had done to,it was to have the calipers painted red ,and some Brembo stickers put on them .
    Each to there own!
    Things that are going to happen straight away.
    1) complete clutch kit 3 piece DMF
    2) cambelt,water pump, tensioner , alternator belt and tensioner pully, as there seems to be a rampant mouse noise from that aera .
    3) complete service on engine ( oil , oil filter , air , cabin , diesel filter )
    4) thermostat replaced and antifreeze ( as with thease a common issue is temperature gauge takes a good half an hour to rise to half way .
    Next will be
    1) complete front and rear suspension replacement ( springs , shock , top mounts ) with Bilsten B4 set up .
    2) alloy wheels .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200326_175825.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	249772

Name:	IMG_20200326_175814.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	249773

Name:	IMG_20200326_175837.jpg
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	249774

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	249775
    And of course it's got a dashboard that looks like the flight deck of a fighter plane so you can pretend you are Maverick out of Top Gun .
    With the all important " night button " which switches all the dashboard off apart from the speedo !
    Yeeeeehaaaaaaa.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Very nice Paul

Comment

"Wearing a bum bag"

Good luck with it!
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Very nice, hope the seats are leather and that you have given them a good clean!

Looks good.

Comment

Just a few bits the last couple of days.
          Changed the inlet manifold, due to the swirl flaps leaking replaced with a GM upgraded version .
          Fitted a new ISM ( intergral switch module) or ignition switch , but Saab love to give it a technical name
          They are known for sticking due to there position ( in front of the centre drinks holder ) so normally they get gummed up with spilt drinks .thus stick .
          And fitted 25mm hub spacers to bring the wheels out a bit further .
          Please not , I am fully aware of the front tyres looking low on the edges and are being taken care of .

Name:	IMG_20200401_175402.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	245217

Name:	IMG_20200401_175508.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	245218
          Loads of bits coming via post
          So it's coming along .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Looking good Paul

Comment

I do like myself a 9-3, never had the pleasure of owning one yet though.

Comment

looks in very good condition
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As said looks in good condition,been looked after body wise.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thease arrived today
                    285mm front
                    275mm rear
                    Made by rotor discs
                    I was going to get discs on the mtec website, you can place an order and get 15% discount but due to the current situation they are closed .
                    I have them on my other 9-3 tid
                    I used them in place of the mintex ones I fitted on my other 9-3
                    As the mintex ones started to glaze up due to poor heat dissipation.
                    The Rotor discs have a better heat dissipation
                    Rotor discs had a web site which showed you all there different styles some styles were dare I say it strange.but has since disappeared

Name:	IMG_20200402_122512.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	245225

Name:	IMG_20200402_122630.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	245226
                    And a set of braided brake hoses for the front made by hel
                    It may sound strange but for my model you have to purchase the set for the convertible not saloon .dont know why
                    But I had truble on my other 9-3 when I purchased a complete set for the saloon, from that well known auction site.
                    Only to find the front set had smaller banjo bolts .only after contacting HEL direct they pointed me towards the correct set for the front .
                    Tears are all the same across the body range .

Name:	IMG_20200402_123118.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	245227
                    If it's going to be anything like my last set up .with new dot5.1 as well
                    You brake and your eyeballs pop out of your head .
                    Here's a pic of them on my old car

Name:	i.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	245228
                    Last edited by lizzard-t; 02-04-2020, 12:10 PM.

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Keep you occupied for a while!!
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I love these cars. Looks like a great project.

Comment

I have to agree the second gen looks better than the third gen, great choice and can't wait to see the progress

Comment

The third gen was a bit of a marmite car.
                            1 of my third generation I've spent shead loads on to get it the way I wanted
                            The turbo X is just as it was out of the factory, but that's going very soon , can't justify the running costs .
                            The 3rd , 3rd generation i own is being used by my son in law so that's standard and he just seems to neglect it and I have to pay for the repairs when he dose something to it .
                            I've been after a 2nd generation for about 6 months .
                            Yesterday fitted new rear springs, nothing really wrong with the old ones it's just the way I am when I buy a new car .
                            They are made by Continental Direct , used them before they do the job .also I don't like the ride height / look with the standard Saab set up which they class as sports suspension ( about 5mm lower at most )

Name:	IMG_20200404_181137.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	245277
                            Today fitted the new thermostat/ temp sensor , made by Gates .
                            Old one photo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200404_181159.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	245278
                            Fitted a missing part of the HAVC ducting which runs the air to the rear seat central vents .found it missing when I was doing the ISM ( ignition switch)
                            Found this man on that well known auction site who was breaking a 9-3 , messaged him and to my suprise he had the part .
                            I'm one of those people who like things just right and I get a bit anal if not .

Name:	IMG_20200401_162644.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	245279
                            And some carbon fibre looking bonnet and boot badges

Name:	IMG_20200404_145206.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	245280bonnet

Name:	IMG_20200404_145152.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	245281boot

Name:	IMG_20200404_145055.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	245282old ones .
                            Little bits here and there to keep my mind active.

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              The third gen was a bit of a marmite car.
                              1 of my third generation I've spent shead loads on to get it the way I wanted
                              The turbo X is just as it was out of the factory, but that's going very soon , can't justify the running costs .
                              The 3rd , 3rd generation i own is being used by my son in law so that's standard and he just seems to neglect it and I have to pay for the repairs when he dose something to it .
                              I've been after a 2nd generation for about 6 months .
                              Yesterday fitted new rear springs, nothing really wrong with the old ones it's just the way I am when I buy a new car .
                              They are made by Continental Direct , used them before they do the job .also I don't like the ride height / look with the standard Saab set up which they class as sports suspension ( about 5mm lower at most )
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4816[/ATTACH]
                              Today fitted the new thermostat/ temp sensor , made by Gates .
                              Old one photo [ATTACH=CONFIG]4817[/ATTACH]
                              Fitted a missing part of the HAVC ducting which runs the air to the rear seat central vents .found it missing when I was doing the ISM ( ignition switch)
                              Found this man on that well known auction site who was breaking a 9-3 , messaged him and to my suprise he had the part .
                              I'm one of those people who like things just right and I get a bit anal if not .
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4818[/ATTACH]
                              And some carbon fibre looking bonnet and boot badges
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4819[/ATTACH]bonnet
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4820[/ATTACH]boot
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4821[/ATTACH]old ones .
                              Little bits here and there to keep my mind active.
                              They're really smart Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X