Insignia A tailgate Wiring Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia A tailgate Wiring Problems

I have a 2014 Facelift Insignia. The tailgate has lights which come on when the side lights are switched on. The tailgate lining came off whilst I was transporting two of my collies. It was clear that the dogs had chewed the wiring during the journey. I arranged for a gentleman to repair the wiring but he decided to self isolate part way through the repair. Accordingly I need to complete the repair myself. I would appreciate some guidance so I can make the necessary repairs.

Please see the attached photograph taken of the inside of the tailgate. Can someone kindly answer the following questions please?

1. There is a black cable coming out of the bottom of the amplifier. To what should it be connected?
    2. On the top of the amplifier there is a green plastic plug and a cream plastic plug. I believe the two wires seen to the right of the amplifier go into these plugs. How many cores does the cable have? How are these cables connected to the plastic plugs. Does it matter which cable goes into which plug?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you, Robert.[ATTACH=CONFIG]460Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040726.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	2497820[/ATTACH]

Hi and weclome.

Maybe you could go here

And tell us all a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

We like to keep it nice and formal on here.

Comment

Yooooooohoooooooo roberthunter.
      Please see the link below

We are a very laid back kind of forum if a bit deranged
      Introduce yourself and tell us about your car yourself
      And if you feel brave
      What you like
      ME ?
      I love nothing better than donning a black velvet suit , white open chested shirt with frilly cuffs
      A beard , and putting black boot polish on my face
      Drives my wife wild
      I don't know why !
      I thaught every 54 year old
      Would be dressing up as Barry white to bring some spice back into there sex life !
      Any how that picture is a bit small ( as my wife says )
      But if that is the amplifier for the roof aerial then the black wire goes to the aerial
      The other 2 you would need to remove the plugs to see how many wires
      Or ask your dogs
      Tally Ho !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’ve a spare tailgate loom kicking about the sheds I can check out the plugs and connections if you like.
        Also best to introduce yourself first we are a friendly bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
          I’ve a spare tailgate loom kicking about the sheds I can check out the plugs and connections if you like.
          Also best to introduce yourself first we are a friendly bunch.
          Hi, I would be very grateful if you would do that.

I have added some details about myself in the appropriate section. What I did not state is that I think the Insignia is the best car I have ever owned. It is a joy to drive and has almost all the toys I need (except for a rear view camera).

Comment

Originally posted by roberthunter View Post
            Hi, I would be very grateful if you would do that.

I have added some details about myself in the appropriate section. What I did not state is that I think the Insignia is the best car I have ever owned. It is a joy to drive and has almost all the toys I need (except for a rear view camera).
            Still be helpful to go to the new members section and post up
            Where's armadale?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Still be helpful to go to the new members section and post up
              Where's armadale?
              Central Scotland, near Bathgate which is around halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by roberthunter View Post
                Central Scotland, near Bathgate which is around halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
                Only a small place then?

Comment

Working...
                X