IT/computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT/computer help

Guys I'm hoping someone on here with good IT knowledge might be able to help This is a brief description of my issue:-
    Just received a LaCieFuel 1TB wireless hard drive (purchased from Ebuyer). Works fine on my desktop computer running windows 7, I can see the drive and all folders in it, I can also add folders, ect via windows explorer but the 2 windows 10 laptops i have all though the drive can be seen In windows explorer as soon as try to interrogate it I get the following message:-
    "windows cannot access \\ LaCieFuel-3946" error code 0x80070035. Any suggestions, beginning to think its not compatable with windows 10. I Have tried putting screen shots on here but its not playing ball.

Try the videos from the link above

Comment

That's a network resolution error - it's looking for the drive by name and not finding it.

Try this: http://woshub.com/error-code-0x80070...ndows-10/#h2_4

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
        any way i can slow youtube videos down?

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
          any way i can slow youtube videos down?
          Keep pausing

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Ok tried BodgeItAndScarper's suggestion but that did not work.
            Watched one of the videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1AQPMpN_U but got lost after a minute (with 6 minutes left togo) as I,m using that laptop along side desk top to work from home I chickened out as there seems to be a lot of deleting, copying, pasting ect on this video and worried about screwing the laptop up. Going to watch some others in the hope someone has talked thro it as well.

Comment

It's basically IP and sharing issue, you have to make sure all address are set correctly, also your router might blocking it as well, make sure that you got a static IP set for that device.
              Manufacturers very often offering software for easy connection

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                It's basically IP and sharing issue, you have to make sure all address are set correctly, also your router might blocking it as well, make sure that you got a static IP set for that device.
                Manufacturers very often offering software for easy connection
                I know the device ip address but how to enter it i ant got a clue. Dont suppose if i pm you my contact details you could talk me through It.

Comment

You have to set a static IP on your router first. To do so you have to login to your router, and depends on your router manufacturer try to find the correct tab for this option. Settings static IP is the first thing you should do to avoid any issues in the future

Comment

Could try rebooting (turn off for 30secs and turn back on) your router so it automatically reassigns all IPs

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      Could try rebooting (turn off for 30secs and turn back on) your router so it automatically reassigns all IPs
                      Thats not beyond me but when it comes to buggering about with IP address and the like I'm struggling, just managed to log into router but where i think one would set static ip address there is other boxes to fill in such as these:-
                      Destination network address:
                      Destination subnet mask:
                      Default gateway:
                      Source IP address:
                      Source subnet mask:
                      Interface:
                      there is no help on the Router indicating what the numbers/settings should bethead. I thought computer extras were supposed to be plug and play these days .

Comment

Post pictures, from your tabs, and what's your router make and model please, switching on/off won't sort it, as after you disconnect(could be power loss, lost network, reboot, etc) any device your IP will be set automatically and it might be different than you require, if you won't set up static ip's, when you get static IP ready than we might have a look on what's else might gonna need to be configured

Comment

Morning a602820922
                          The router is a Huawei HG633 (from Talk-Talk) found it on Huawei web site the instruction manual there link takes me to is for a "HG533" but presuming it the same. The Default IP for router is 192.168.1.1 I have navigated to where I think I need to be to change to static for router and this is what I see (hope photos work).
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-30_06-52-09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	245164

I click where arrow is, I,m then presented with this, is it the first set of numbers I need to change (but to what?) then there's the rest (do I leave them the same?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-30_06-54-00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	245165

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                            Could try rebooting (turn off for 30secs and turn back on)
                            Tried that with RBH, he still doesn't work properly
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                              Morning a602820922
                              The router is a Huawei HG633 (from Talk-Talk) found it on Huawei web site the instruction manual there link takes me to is for a "HG533" but presuming it the same. The Default IP for router is 192.168.1.1 I have navigated to where I think I need to be to change to static for router and this is what I see (hope photos work).
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4641[/ATTACH]

I click where arrow is, I,m then presented with this, is it the first set of numbers I need to change (but to what?) then there's the rest (do I leave them the same?)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4642[/ATTACH]
                              Those are talktalk dns settings. You need to assign a static ip address to your laptop. So when it connects it always talks to router on same ip address. I can do it but can't explain how [emoji23].
                              Sure someone can help.
                              Search you tube video for assign static ip address to device

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                              X